This Is How ELGL Will Ring in the New Year
Join the ELGL Online Community
Under the strong mayor system, a full-time paid mayor has administrative responsibilities, and is held more politically accountable for the state of the city than in council-manager cities. Beaverton is a local example of the strong-mayor form.
I am taking the opportunity this week to look back on an eventful and successful 2011. This past year represented a lot of partnerships and a lot of completed projects that were years in the making. We kept a torrid pace. All of you should be very proud to have played a key role in these items. Here are some highlights.
As the New Year approaches, people will be making resolutions to eat better, exercise more, get that promotion at work, or spend more time with their families. While these are worthwhile goals, we have a more important challenge for young people: Think seriously about your development as a leader.
Google’s +1 buttons appear on more retail websites than Facebook share buttons or Twitter buttons according to an analysis by Darren Herman, chief digital officer at The Media Kitchen, a media planning and buying firm
Pacific Northwest Headlines
- Ashland to install more ‘smart meters’
- Second incident unnerves councilor
- Two Puyallup Council vets depart under term limits they supported
- Walters favorite for next mayor of Battle Ground
- Storm debris shuts down Clackamas River water intake, putting West Linn, Oregon City on backup water system