- ELGL Meets Pinterest
- Info Request: Branding Your Community
- U.S Attorney for Oregon Highlights ELGL Forum in October
- Posting Job Openings
- ELGL Advisory Board Meeting
- March 14 ELGL Event in Bend
- Job Posting: Rockwall, TX City Manager
- 02.16.12 The Morning Buzz
Stay connected by following these Twitter feeds and Facebook pages.
Facebook: Dave’s Killer Bread
Liberty Park Library Building Use Survey - If you missed the open house last night, a community task force has come up with three ideas for the Liberty Park Library Buildling. Your input would be appreciated!
Want to get involved? We’re looking for reps to serve on the Springfield Transportation System Plan Stakeholder Committee. Learn more here.
City of Lake Oswego - LO Rides! Join the Mayor for an exciting “Mink River” themed bicycle ride this Saturday. Riders will meet at Millenium Park at 9:45am, call 503-675-3730 to register.
Neighborhood Meetings to Discuss City Issues – City of Redmond - The City of Redmond invites community members to participate in the upcoming 2012 Redmond Neighborhood Network and Budgeting by Priorities meetings in February and March.
Clackamas County, Oregon - Become a Master Recycler! The deadline for applications for the spring 2012 Clackamas County recycling course has been extended to Tuesday, March 13, at noon.
What’s New? Exuberance for Novelty Has Benefits - ”Nothing reveals your personality more succinctly than your characteristic emotional reaction to novelty and change,” says Winifred Gallagher, a journalist who wrote a survey of the recent research on neophilia. What’s your reaction to novelty?
The Hidden Water We Use – National Geographic - Find out how much water we use for every day things like coffee, bread and milk.
Inside the UGB
- Audit recommends stronger oversight of financial transactions at Portland Development Commission: Portland City Hall roundup
- With WES leading the way, TriMet ridership continues to grow in January
- Warren Jimenez, Mayor Sam Adams’ second chief of staff, lands new city job
- Wal-Mart to open first West Coast grocery store in Beaverton by late May
- In downtown Portland, city, company officials unveil the City Target
- Brady campaign puts New Seasons in spotlight
- Portland names first director for new Office of Equity and Human Rights
- Court orders Portland to negotiate changes in pension formula
- Opinion: Clackamas County Grass-roots rebellion aims to give residents a voice
- Portland No. 21 for public transit usage
- More than 500 readers respond to survey on Portland’s curbside composting
- Paddlers’ dream on Tualatin River
Outside the UGB
- Oregon state workers file suit to block wellness program that requires confidential survey
- Seattle expected to announce plans for new arena to bring NBA back to city
- Business bills in the 2012 Legislature
- Benton County delays decision on church zoning
- EmX project may get funds from federal budget
- Supreme Court upholds state board’s review of Columbia River Crossing