- RSVP: The First 90 Days Discussion Forum
- 04.12.12 The Morning Buzz
- 04.12.12 OMFOA Job Postings
- 04.12.12 The Afternoon Delight
- Thank You to Mike Golub and Timbers Organization
- A message from Ron Holifield of Strategic Government Resources…
- Congratulations Will Norris!
- 04.13.12 Knope of the Week
- 04.13.12 The Morning Buzz
The Social Network
Stay connected by following these feeds.
RSVP: The First 90 Days Discussion Forum – We are excited for the upcoming discussion forum with city managers from Tigard, Hillsboro, and Wilsonville. The focus of this luncheon will be the first 90 days of their tenure. We will be meeting at 11:45am on April 26, 2012 at Cafe Allegro in Tigard. Space will be limited to about 40 people so please RSVP at your earliest convenience to email@example.com.
The Oregonian and KGW host mayoral debate April 30: Portland City Hall roundup
ICMA Annual Conference Scholarships – Conference Assistance and Stene Scholarship applications due June 1.
How to Get Your Boss to Say Yes – You have this really wonderful idea but.
The Top Five Jobs of 2012 – Software engineer tops CareerCast.com’s list of the year’s best jobs. What made this and other professions rank high: good work environment, high salaries and relatively low stress.
Interesting idea: QR codes used to encourage citizens to adopt neighborhood trees
Local government in 2020: challenges and opportunities – How will councils clear the hurdles they face, from scarce resources to making the most of social media?
The latest weekly LOC Bulletin.
Inside the UGB
- Did Ted Wheeler and Oregon State Treasury save $37 million in management fees? PolitiFact Oregon
- Portland Children’s Levy, hurt by economy, makes cuts to nonprofits
- Generous backers dwarf community funding as Mary Nolan takes on Amanda Fritz
- Is Oregon ready to double-down on another casino vote
- Who gets Gert Boyle’s vote for Portland mayor?
- Q&A with Gladstone’s newest city councilor
- West Linn activist Lynn Fox to apologize for defacing sign; criminal charges dropped
Outside the UGB
- More Jobs Lost in Snohomish
- Naperville tops list of Illinois cities using social media
- Cory Booker Saves Woman, Lights Up Twitter
- Astoria throws a party to show off new City Hall
- Josephine County levy decision has law enforcement officials concerned
- Former Sen. Gordon Smith is lobbying against online disclosure of public political ad information
- Bainbridge council interviews Arizona man for interim manager job