- RSVP: The First 90 Days Discussion Forum
- 04.13.12 Knope of the Week
- Inaugural Meeting of ELGL-Eugene
- Ask the Manager – The First 90 Days
- 04.17.12 The Afternoon Delight
The Social Network
How LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter Have Changed the ROI of Leadership - Most executives claim that social media doesn’t add value. As a former C-level exec, I was skeptical myself, but now I’m a believer.
Stay connected by following these feeds.
Pinterest: Austin Statesman
Clackamas County hosts energy fair - Clackamas County’s Sustainability and Weatherization office is hosting a free Energy and Sustainability Fair from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, April 28.
Portland Plan hearing Wednesday - Second hearing on long-range planning document already set for April 25
Good Neighbor Center - INTERN needed for Summer School Program at local homeless shelter.
Management Tip: Keep Your Cool When Getting Feedback
Why You Won’t Get Breakthrough Innovation by Being Nice - If you want to create a really transformational innovation, you’d better be in an organization that’s designed to support, not merely tolerate, someone as challenging as Steve Jobs. Otherwise forget it
Embracing What’s Wrong to Get to What’s Right - It was a tense meeting. I’d gathered our whole team to talk about the fact that we were under very high demand, and people seemed to be fraying at the edges.
The 10 Best Interview Questions to Ask - Here are 10 great questions for your interviewer.
8 Beliefs That Are Stalling Your Career - Here are eight common misconceptions that can keep you from getting the projects, jobs, promotions, and the salary you’d like.
Warming Up to the Officeless Office - As companies seek to cut costs and accommodate an increasingly mobile work force, some employees have had to say goodbye to their personal work areas. American Express, GlaxoSmithKline and PricewaterhouseCoopers are shifting large groups of workers into shared spaces.
Good Data Won’t Guarantee Good Decisions - Global businesses have entered a new era of decision making. The ability to gather, store, access, and analyze data has grown exponentially over the past decade, and companies now spend tens of millions of dollars.
What you can learn from Southwest Airlines’ culture - This is why someone leading a business today — preparing a bright future for your organization and perhaps for the world — needs to focus not just on nuts and bolts, techniques and standards, but on culture.
Why Generation Y is Causing the Great Migration of the 21st Century - Why such pronounced findings? According to researchers, it lies in the preferences of our largest generation since the Boomers, the under 30 Generation Y.
Silverton faces budget gap, cuts - Until now, Silverton has been relatively unscathed by the budget crises plaguing other cities across the state.
Reedsport budgeters seek savings after union rejects freeze - A balanced budget of $2,826,680 was toppled when the Teamsters Union rejected a cost of living freeze, budgeted to save $32,215.
Fairview’s Joe Gall finalist for job in Sherwood - Fairview Mayor Mike Weatherby said it was not really a surprise to him when he learned last week that Gall was one of the finalists. He said Gall has shown a lot of talent and growth in his first job as city administrator, and thought it was natural that Gall would want to move on.
Inside the UGB
- National group honors Oregon City engineer
- David Wu continues to spend cash left over from his old campaign fund
- Report: County’s carbon footprint shrinking
- New urban watersheds council coordinator seeks opportunities
- An elections-law complaint against former City Commissioner Charlie Hales
- Candidates ‘gone wild’ face off Portland-style
- Report cites Portland industrial land supply woes
Outside the UGB
- City grants to fund local programs
- State workers’ ranks will be cut to lowest level in decade or more
- Lane County district attorney seeks city contract work
- Bothell annexation proposal trails
- An unexpected $41.9 million surplus for the Oregon state workers
- Oregon Rep. Bonamici still digging out from last campaign