- RSVP: The First 90 Days Discussion Forum
- Inaugural Meeting of ELGL-Eugene
- Ask the Manager – The First 90 Days
- Save the Date: Happy New (Fiscal) Year Party is July 19
- 04.19.12 The Afternoon Delight
The Social Network
Demystifying social media - As the marketing power of social media grows, it no longer makes sense to treat it as an experiment. Here’s how senior leaders can harness social media to shape consumer decision making in predictable ways.
Stay connected by following these feeds.
Inaugural Meeting of ELGL-Eugene - Wednesday, May 2nd, 11:30 – 12:30, Café Yumm! 730 East Broadway, Eugene. RSVP to email@example.com.
RSVP: The First 90 Days Discussion Forum - We are excited for the upcoming discussion forum with city managers from Tigard, Hillsboro, and Wilsonville. The focus of this luncheon will be the first 90 days of their tenure. We will be meeting at 11:45am on April 26, 2012 at Cafe Allegro in Tigard. Space will be limited to about 40 people so please RSVP at your earliest convenience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ELGL – Central Oregon – Roundtable on Innovation, May 11, noon- 1 p.m., location tbd. Participate in a facilitated roundtable to discuss ideas to encourage innovation in the public sector. Bring your ideas and be prepared to join the conversation! Coordinated by Justin Cutler, Colleen Miller, and Robyn Christie.
Study: Your outfit speaks louder than words in job interviews - The way you look during a job interview is actually more important than what you say, according to a new study.
Put Ethics First, then Customers and Profits – Management Tip of the Day.
10 Communication Secrets of Great Leaders - It is simply impossible to become a great leader without being a great communicator.
How Mobile Technologies Are Shaping a New Generation - The cohort I like to call the “Re-Generation” began to take shape around 2008. Individuals at the formative ages of 11 to 13, those born after about 1995, were part of a substantively different world than the one that had shaped 11 to 13 year olds over the preceding fifteen or so years.
ICMA – International City/County Management Association - Social Media policy for local government employees. Submitted by ICMA member Robert Kiely, City Manager of Lake Forest, Illinois.
University-city partnership to expand across U.S. - The university-city partnership that created hundreds of ideas for the future growth of Salem is expanding to universities throughout the country.
Death and taxes - Budget cuts may eliminate medical examiners and the morgue. The latest round of Lane County government budget cuts may kill a vital local service: death investigations.
Inside the UGB
- Downtown Portland’s newest bridge to start looking like a bridge
- John Ludlow, candidate for Clackamas County chairman, continues to rake in big donations
- Washington County Commission District 1: Quiet race turns up the volume
- Lake Oswego police, fire contracts call for cost of living raises
- Oregon City commissioners may downsize the city’s urban renewal board
- Clackamas County Commissioners give OK to TriMet to build part of Trolley Trail
- Former Oregon City Mayor Alice Norris honored with City Hall art work
Outside the UGB
- OSU Planning Four-Year University in Bend – News Story – KTVZ Bend
- “Four-faced Tim” by All politics is local | The Columbian
- Oregon’s low-carbon fuel standard faces legislative, legal hurdles
- Oregon Sen. Jason Atkinson hits ‘pause’ on his political career, calls out GOP
- Opinion: Oregonians energize rural economic development efforts with renewables