- RSVP: The First 90 Days Discussion Forum
- Inaugural Meeting of ELGL-Eugene
- Ask the Manager – The First 90 Days
- Save the Date: Happy New (Fiscal) Year Party is July 19
- 04.20.12 Knope of the Week
- We Love You Romania!
- 04.21.12 The Saturday Post
The Social Network
44 New Digital Media Resources You May Have Missed – Catch up with Mashable’s top digital media resources of the past week.
Stay connected by following these feeds.
Pinterest: Edmonton Journal
The City of West Linn wants your opinions about water and funding issues. Please click here to share your opinions about proposals to improve the city’s water system and related funding options.
Why Your Co-Workers Don’t Like You – Beneath a veneer of professional collegiality, you’re co-workers are taking note of the mess on your desk, how loudly you chew, even your word choices.
Good Managers Lead Through a Team – We consider the ability to manage a team so important that, in a recent book, we made it one of the “3 Imperatives for Becoming a Great Leader:” Manage Your Team — the first imperative — is about creating a real team.
The Secret To Successful Networking Is A Four Letter Word – Forbes – A Harvard University study shows that 15% of the reason a person gets a job, keeps a job, or advances in a job is related to technical skills and job knowledge… 85% has to do with people skills.
Your next mayor: A computer – Technology is helping cities control everything from traffic to disease. But who should control the technology?
Corvallis Fire Station #5 to Shut Down if Budget Passes | KEZI – The fire chief says closing the station off of Walnut Boulevard would result in slower response times to calls in that northwest area.
Roundabouts: Into the local roads they go … when will … Many Clark County commuters have been introduced to them in the past year. Now, drivers will have to get used to them. Roundabouts are here to stay.
Rising supervisor at heart of uncovering Secret Service scandal – EXCLUSIVE | While the sordid details of the men taking prostitutes to their rooms are well documented, less is known about the role played by the woman tasked with making the decision to replace them.
In new L.A. budget, Villaraigosa calls for elimination of 669 city jobs – The bulk of the job cuts in the mayor’s $7.2-billion blueprint would affect civilian employees at the LAPD. Some officials quickly vowed to oppose any layoffs, saying city employees have repeatedly made sacrifices to solve the multi-year budget crisis.
Inside the UGB
- AG race echoes last election
- The arts community eyes Portland mayoral race with intense scrutiny
- Portland mayoral candidate Charlie Hales: On arts funding, advocacy and other cultural issues
- Steve Duin: Most likely to succeed as Portland mayor? Who knows?
- Has Dwight Holton ‘never set foot’ in an Oregon courtroom? PolitiFact Oregon
Outside the UGB
- Candidates state their cases at Hermiston debates
- Oregon lawmakers eager to see highway & tranit bill
- ACLU concerned about Seattle police aerial monitoring drones
- Andy Stahl: The advocate for the environment and foster kids wants to reduce rancor
- County race becomes progressively political
- Budget Committee Decides To Reduce Library Hours, Funding To LRAPA