- Save the Date: Happy New (Fiscal) Year Party is July 19
- ELGL in the Lake Oswego Review
- Growing Gap in Favorable Views of Federal, State Governments
- First 90 Days Q&A Summary
- Job Posting: Transportation and Buildings Division Manager – Corvallis
- Book It: People Before Profits
- Apply for the Pacific Program at the Luke Center
- 04.27.12 Knope(s) of the Week
- 04.27.12 The Morning Buzz
Making Volunteering More Popular By Making It More Relevant – Most opportunities for service involve painting schools or serving food. But many Americans have skills–accounting, design, communications–that would be incredibly valuable for nonprofits and would make their volunteering more rewarding.
Public Transit System Rankings from Walk Score – Public transit system rankings from Walk Score for the largest U.S. Cities.
The Innovation Whiteboard – What innovations have you made in your daily life? Whether it’s a gadget you’ve fashioned, or something less tangible, we want to hear about it. Your submissions will be published on nytimes.com and may be featured in the New York Times Magazine if our judges — Martha Stewart, James Dyson, Paola Antonelli and Ben Kaufman — select your idea. Submit now by clicking on the link below.
Five tips to becoming a better manager: Suggestions on grooming your inner leader – Are you a natural-born leader? Then you’re one of the lucky ones. Everybody else needs some help on the road to becoming an effective, accomplished manager.
Inside the UGB
- Is Amanda Fritz responsible for reducing number of contract workers at parks? PolitiFact Oregon
- Eileen Brady and Charlie Hales clarify stance on PBOT Director Tom Miller’s future
- 26 percent of Portland’s main streets are in poor or very poor condition
- Pavel Goberman, John Somoza take on Mayor Denny Doyle in race for Beaverton’s top position
Outside the UGB
- State auditors questioned nearly $8 million in public funds in 2011
- Coos County government needs create a workable organizational structure
- Medford Urban Renewal budget covers a lot of ground
- Lane County budget cuts likely to impact service for crime victims
- Detroit’s Roaming Table mixes civic engagement and urban planning | Michigan Radio
- Is the West Salem Library getting the “SJ bump?”
- Vancouver gets boost for waterfront park, Renaissance Trail
What We Have Here: A Failure To Communicate · OPB News – Thanks to Twitter, Facebook, Skype, mobile phones, chat, instant messages and countless other tech advances, we’re more connected than ever.
Stay connected by following these feeds.
Facebook: Bike Around Bend
Pinterest: Kristi Miller