Did you know Umpqua Bank was named to FORTUNE magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” list for the 6th year in a row? Learn more about this success from Barbara Baker, VP for Cultural Enhancement at an ELGL forum on Thursday, May 17. ELGL members and other interested professionals can reserve a spot by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, company, and position. The meeting will be held at 20085 NW Tanasbourne Drive, Hillsboro OR 97124.
Thanks to Megan Messmer and Andrew Bartlett (Hillsboro management analyst) for coordinating the event.
Barbara is currently Executive Vice President of Cultural Enhancement at Umpqua Holdings. She oversees all culture, training and human resource functions for the financial services company and its subsidiaries, Umpqua Bank and Umpqua Investments. In the past 8 years, Barbara’s team of 25 has led Umpqua from 350 to over 2400 employees and to regional and national recognition. Fortune rated Umpqua in top 100 of Best companies to work for in 2010 for the fourth year in a row. She was Vice President of Human Resources for the NW region of First Interstate Bank (now Wells Fargo) where she managed a five state employee relations team serving more than 8000 employees. She played a key role in two internal re-organizations and the 1996 acquisition by Wells Fargo. Barbara has served on the boards of the Portland Business Alliance, Portland Rose Society, Portland Rose Festival Association, Fruit and Flower Day Care, and Tri County Affirmative Action. She has a BA from George Fox University.
Umpqua in the News
- Umpqua culture helps us onto FORTUNE Best Companies list for 6th straight year
- Umpqua Bank Makes the 2011 Companies That Care Honor
- Red-hot Umpqua Bank counts on Barbara Baker to preserve a creative culture through its explosive corporate growth.
- Umpqua Holdings Corporation Hires Barbara Baker as Senior Vice President of Human Resources
- Solid Return: Every morning at Umpqua Bank begins with a “Motivational Moment,” a company-wide ritual that provides participants with an instant pick-me-up for the day