- RSVP for ELGL Conversation with Gov. Gregoire
- RSVP: ELGL Meets Fortune 100 Company
- 05.11.12 Knope of the Week
- 05.14.12 Morning Buzz
- Wake Up! 4 ways to become a morning person
- 16 Ways to Use Pinterest for PR
- Demystifying Social Media
- Charity of the Week: Portland Center Stage
RSVP: ELGL Meets Fortune 100 Company – Did you know Umpqua Bank was named to FORTUNE magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” list for the 6th year in a row? Learn more about this success from Barbara Baker, VP for Cultural Enhancement at an ELGL forum on Thursday, May 17. ELGL members and other interested professionals can reserve a spot by contacting email@example.com with your name, company, and position. The meeting will be held at 20085 NW Tanasbourne Drive, Hillsboro OR 97124.
Council seeks public comment on Proposed Sewer & Water Rate Changes – The Bonney Lake City Council wants to hear from residents about proposed utility rate changes. Join the Council on Tuesday, May 15th at 5:30 p.m. at the Justice Center to take part in a special public comment period during the regular Council Workshop. View the proposed utility rate change ordinances in the May 15th Council agenda at www.citybonneylake.org/council.
East Metro: Weigh in before decision-makers take action! The East Metro Connections Plan is nearing its conclusion. Share your feedback with decision-makers before they confirm funding priorities for transportation projects in east Multnomah County. The survey is open through June 3.
Hockey Fans Throwing Weird Crap on the Ice: A City-by-City Breakdown – Depending on where you live, you might see hockey nuts chucking fish, octopi, beef, or sex toys.
Why the American Community Survey Matters – Elimination of the annual census would have huge implications for how the federal government allocates money to states and municipalities.
Rainier preparing to cut more from budget – The city of Rainier will have about $185,000 less to fund government operations in the fiscal year that starts July 1, but officials are hoping to trim spending without any major loss of personnel.
West Linn dreaming big for surplus land at Blue Heron site – The city of West Linn is starting to dream big for the site and wants to make sure the community gets to weigh in throughout the process.“This is the biggest thing West Linn will see in a long time,” Assistant City Manager Kirsten Wyatt said.
Best Places for New College Grads, 2012 – The job market for this year’s college graduates is tough, but choosing the right city can make all the difference.
Message to Managers: Your Strategy Is Not What You Say It Is – If you study the root causes of business disasters and management missteps, you’ll often find a predisposition toward endeavors that offer immediate gratification. Many companies’ decision-making systems are designed to steer investments to initiatives that offer the most tangible returns, so companies often favor these and short-change investments in initiatives that are crucial to their long-term strategies.
Inside the UGB
- Portland awarded new direct non-stop flight to Washington’s Reagan National
- Sherwood cop resigned during investigation over stolen badge
- East Multnomah County casino initiative gaining signatures at a fast clip
- Mayor candidates fight for every last vote
- Portland sues Oregon Liquor Control Commission over food carts with booze: Portland City Hall roundup
- $30,000 performance audit of Clackamas County department recommends creating new position
- Portland 2nd to Minneapolis in new ‘Bike Score’ rankings
- New poll shows Charlie Hales and Jefferson Smith leading Portland mayor’s race and Eileen Brady sputtering
- Metro again achieves highest bond ratings from Moody’s, Standard & Poor’s
Outside the UGB
- Twitter Chat Experiment Under Way in the Silicon Valley
- Nonprofits seek funding from city
- Quick Yakima decision could well turn out to be the right one
- Oregon Politics: Low primary turnout expected; last-minute money in attorney general’s race
- Pasco mini-library works on big idea
- County commissioner candidates take a stand on coal, E-verify
Stay connected by following these feeds.
Twitter: TheDailyGlobe OR