- RSVP for ELGL Conversation with Gov. Gregoire
- RSVP: ELGL Meets Fortune 100 Company
- 05.11.12 Knope of the Week
- 05.15.12 Afternoon Delight
RSVP: ELGL Meets Fortune 100 Company - Did you know Umpqua Bank was named to FORTUNE magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” list for the 6th year in a row? Learn more about this success from Barbara Baker, VP for Cultural Enhancement at an ELGL forum on Thursday, May 17. ELGL members and other interested professionals can reserve a spot by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, company, and position. The meeting will be held at 20085 NW Tanasbourne Drive, Hillsboro OR 97124.
Josephine County votes no on law enforcement levy - The sheriff of Josephine County got ready to hand out pink slips for deputies and draw up release forms for jail inmates after the failure of a $12 million a year levy to make up for the loss of federal timber subsidies.
Milwaukie City Council unanimously advances minor league ballpark to next stage - The councilors’ decision came with a warning to the Northwest League: the league must commit to bringing a team to Milwaukie by July 31. Councilor Greg Chaimov also added language that lets Milwaukie work to bring a minor league team, instead of specifying a Northwest League team.
OC voters turn down third annexation proposal - Third attempt, smallest by far, doesn’t get large enough support from voters.
Don’t Dismiss Your Gen X Talent - The Labor Department recently reported that the number of Americans quitting their jobs has begun to rise. Although the number is still quite low, it is a tentative sign that labor market mobility, which had petrified during the recession, has started to recover. Employers trusting a stagnant economy to keep top talent from leaving would do well to pay attention.
Inside the UGB
- Sherwood to approve Joe Gall’s $115,564 city manager contract
- Mike Wetzel elected as next Clackamas County Circuit Court judge (2012 primary election)
- Brady Exits Mayors Race
- Rosenblum Wins AG’s Race, Hales Leads For Portland Mayor · OPB News
- City charter amendment appears to be passing
- John Ludlow, Charlotte Lehan lead in race for Clackamas County chair; Martha Schrader appears to win seat outright (2012 primary election)
- Holsticka and Parrish will vie for House seat in November
Outside the UGB
- Sutherlin names new head of police department
- “10 things they hate about you” by All politics is local | The Columbian
- McKane makes it known: He’s running for mayor | Keizertimes
- Voters backing levy to help city’s pool, library, parks
- Business Ordinance Passes and More Notes from May 14 Enumclaw City Council Meeting
- Drotzmann claims Hermiston mayor’s race; Hansell, Elfering, Rowan also win
- Piercy Wins Third Term | KEZI
- Lane County primary election results
Stay connected by following these feeds.
Facebook: Oakland Oregon Economic Development
Twitter: Mark Ragan
Pinterest: The Hill Newspaper