The votes are in and the results have been tabulated: after a week of nominations and voting by our community, ELGL is thrilled to announce the winner of the Knope of the Week! As a reminder, The Knope of the Week honors individuals or groups who have done the most in the past week to advance the mission of ELGL.
Without further ado, the winner of the 24th Knope of the Week goes to the . . . .
Barbara Baker, VP of Cultural Enhancement
Michelle Van Allen, Training Director
Nancy Lloyd, Executive Assistant
Robert Cross, Alberta Store Manager
What is not to like about Umpqua Bank and their incredible staff – Barbara Baker, Robert Cross, Nancy Lloyd and Michelle Van Allen. We learned a new way of thinking about motivating employees and building a culture within an organization. The best thing is it doesn’t have to be expensive. Umpqua Bank has implemented a culture through motivational moments, CONNECT volunteer program, brag box, culture campaigns and a President’s Club. Umpqua’s commitment to the local community is unmatched in the private sector as evident by contributing to the refurbishing of Chapman Park after the Occupy Portland encampment to employees being strongly encouraged to volunteer during work hours.
Thank you Umpqua for sharing your secrets of success with ELGL. Here’s to the beginning of a long partnership.
Previous Knope of the Week Recipients
- Jessica Struyk, PSU MPA, cities of Beaverton and Fairview
- Patrick Quinton, Portland Development Commission Executive Director
- Bryan Cosgrove (Wilsonville), Marty Wine (Tigard), Michael Brown (Hillsboro)
- Chris Workman, City of Veneta
- Portland Timbers (Mike Golub, Chelsey Cossey, Patti Peters, Amber Browne)
- Anthony Petchel, Bank of the Cascades
- Claire Oliver, West Linn Tidings
- Phil Keisling, Director of Portland State University Center for Public Service
- Geoff Pursinger, Tigard Times
- Ken Ray, Metro Senior Public Affairs Coordinator
- Alliance Resources Consulting, Colin Baenzinger and Associates, Strategic Government Resources, Waldron & Associates
- OMFOA Developing Professionals (Heidi Starks, Rhyan Van Horn, Toby LaFrance)
- Justin Cutler (LaPine Parks & Rec), Robyn Christie (Bend), Kirsten Wyatt (West Linn)
- Rhyan Van Horn, TriMet senior accountant
- ELGL Advisory Board
- Cate Schneider, Lake Oswego city recorder
- Alex McIntyre, Lake Oswego city manager
- Matt Bailing, Willamette graduate, ELGL data analyst
- Megan Messmer, PSU MPA student, City of Banks intern, City of Dayton intern
- Zoe Monahan, Sherwood assistant planner
- Rosalynn Greene, Clackamas County sustainability analyst and Karen Pearson, Clackamas County human resources program coordinator
- Kathy Mollusky, West Linn city recorder
- Jordan Wheeler, Lake Oswego assistant to the city manager