- Who’s Next in the 2012 Issue and Speaker Series?
- Call for RSVPs: Economist Dr. Thomas Potiowsky, June 13
- 05.18.12 Knope of the Week
- OCCMA Spotlight: Kent Wyatt
- Can You Tweet Your Way to Your Next Job?
- 05.21.12 The Public Record
Call for RSVPs: Economist Dr. Thomas Potiowsky, June 13 - ELGL is hosting a luncheon with former State Economist and current Chair of the Portland State Economics Department, Dr. Thomas Potiowsky. The discussion will be on the US recovery and the new economic environment. This information will be relevant to long-term local government revenues and anyone interested in budgeting.
2012 Online Democracy Award: Call for Nominations - We know your legislative website has what it takes to win the Online Democracy Award! The deadline for nominations is Wednesday.
Call for Speakers | icma.org - ICMA is excited to announce its 2012 Call for Speakers. We hope that we will build an even more valuable conference experience for attendees by further increasing speaker relevance, diversity, and variety.
Lane County Community Meeting with Oregon State Treasurer Ted Wheeler - Tomorrow at 5:15pm at Peterson Barn, 870 Berntzen Road, Eugene OR 97402
GUEST COLUMN: Lessons learned from Portland trip - I recently joined the regional leadership trip to Portland, Ore., and found it to be a worthwhile experience. It threw up the shades and shed light on the insidiousness of overwhelming government regulation and the decimation of private property rights. It strengthened my love and passion for individual liberty, the great Western spirit of entrepreneurism and opportunity, wide open spaces and the sanctity of property rights.
County Shrinks Field For Manager To Six Finalists - The county manager finalists will arrive next week to meet county commissioners, staff and other community leaders – as well as the general public – to make their case for why they deserve to be the county’s next top administrator.
New Survey: Majority of Employees Dissatisfied – Forbes - Right Management, a subsidiary of the giant staffing firm ManpowerGroup, just released a new snapshot survey that underlines the dissatisfaction among American workers. At a time of high unemployment, lackluster job growth and major uncertainty in world financial markets, many employees feel stuck in their jobs, unable to consider a career move even if they’re unhappy.
How To Get Out Of Your Own Way – Forbes - Running a small business–or “simply” navigating your way through the work day no matter what you do–is tough. And odds are you are making it harder than it has to be.
HBR.org: Keep Your Job Search a Secret
Inside the UGB
- How will plan to shut down open reservoirs affect water rates? Portland City Hall roundup
- Metro transportation planner Lake McTighe blogs about active transportation
- Hillsboro planning massive AmberGlen development
- Council to consider selling park land to Lake Corp
- At least two Clackamas County races headed to runoffs
- Feds set to commit to MAX project
Outside the UGB
- Judge: City exceeded authority in fire annexation battle | Keizertimes
- Reardon: ‘I just want to get it past us and move on’
- City Council unanimously approve Zehm settlement
- Landlord fee put on hold
- Council approves 4th Plain bus plan
- Vancouver mulls tax to fund parks
- Voters might be asked to approve light rail head tax
- Options For Josephine County
- Bellingham council faces financial complexities of housing levy
- Bellingham council holds hearing on six-year transportation plan, work session next
Ask At Work: Too Old for a LinkedIn Photo? LinkedIn profiles that include a photograph are seven times more likely to be viewed than those that don’t, so it pays to post a picture no matter your age.
Stay connected by following these feeds.