The votes are in and the results have been tabulated: after a week of nominations and voting by our community, ELGL is thrilled to announce the winner of the Knope of the Week! As a reminder, The Knope of the Week honors individuals or groups who have done the most in the past week to advance the mission of ELGL.
Without further ado, the winner of the 25th Knope of the Week goes to the . . . .
Governor Chris Gregoire
Mike Gregoire, First Gentleman
Fred Olson, Deputy Chief of Staff
Teresa Olson, Governor Mansion Administrator
Those who attended the ELGL conversation with Gov. Gregoire were not disappointed. Gov. Gregoire displayed a comfortable, engaging speaking style which included candid answers to a wide range of questions from marriage equality to the future of the NBA in Seattle. The only unanswered question is whether her next stop is Washington state or Washington, D.C.
A common thread among attendees was their appreciation of Gov. Gregoire and Mike Gregoire for spending time after the forum meeting with ELGL members and taking pictures with members. This seemingly small gesture has left a big impact for years to come.
Many thanks to Gov. Gregoire’s staff (Fred Olson and Teresa Olson) for coordinating the Governor’s visit. We appreciate your dedication to promoting the next generation of leaders.
Previous Knope of the Week Recipients
- Umpqua Bank (Barbara Baker, Michelle Van Allen, Nancy Lloyd, Robert Cross)
- Jessica Struyk, PSU MPA, cities of Beaverton and Fairview
- Patrick Quinton, Portland Development Commission Executive Director
- Bryan Cosgrove (Wilsonville), Marty Wine (Tigard), Michael Brown (Hillsboro)
- Chris Workman, City of Veneta
- Portland Timbers (Mike Golub, Chelsey Cossey, Patti Peters, Amber Browne)
- Anthony Petchel, Bank of the Cascades
- Claire Oliver, West Linn Tidings
- Phil Keisling, Director of Portland State University Center for Public Service
- Geoff Pursinger, Tigard Times
- Ken Ray, Metro Senior Public Affairs Coordinator
- Alliance Resources Consulting, Colin Baenzinger and Associates, Strategic Government Resources, Waldron & Associates
- OMFOA Developing Professionals (Heidi Starks, Rhyan Van Horn, Toby LaFrance)
- Justin Cutler (LaPine Parks & Rec), Robyn Christie (Bend), Kirsten Wyatt (West Linn)
- Rhyan Van Horn, TriMet senior accountant
- ELGL Advisory Board
- Cate Schneider, Lake Oswego city recorder
- Alex McIntyre, Lake Oswego city manager
- Matt Bailing, Willamette graduate, ELGL data analyst
- Megan Messmer, PSU MPA student, City of Banks intern, City of Dayton intern
- Zoe Monahan, Sherwood assistant planner
- Rosalynn Greene, Clackamas County sustainability analyst and Karen Pearson, Clackamas County human resources program coordinator
- Kathy Mollusky, West Linn city recorder
- Jordan Wheeler, Lake Oswego assistant to the city manager