- The Lightning Round with Ashley Graff
- 06.15.12 The Morning Buzz
- 06.15.12 Knope of the Week
Talkin’ About My Generation with ELGL-Eugene - Please find the attached announcement regarding the upcoming lunch seminar scheduled for Thursday, June 21 in Springfield. Special thanks to Judy Williams at Lane County for putting the agenda together and Jeff Towery at Springfield for agreeing to host us next month.
ELGL Social Hour at OCCMA Conference - Learn more about ELGL and how our membership is redefining the future of local government in Oregon!
Jefferson Smith or Charlie Hales? Which Portland mayoral candidate should ELGL invite to speak at an upcoming forum?
Hillsboro mayor, city manager to discuss baseball team and stadium proposal - Have questions about the proposal to build a stadium for minor league baseball in Hillsboro? Mayor Jerry Willey and City Manager Michael Brown will answer them during a live chat June 19, from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
The City of Sandy is recruiting to fill a vacancy on the Planning Commission. The Planning Commission reviews land use applications and advises the City Council on legislative changes and typically meets on the fourth Monday of the month at 7:00 p.m. The person appointed to this position must live within the city limits.
How the Recession Made Me a Gentrifier in My Home Town - Downwardly mobile Millennials—especially the ones who are natives of increasingly expensive cities—are rewriting the rules of gentrification.
This Week in Bans: Santa Monica Outlaws Christmas Displays - Also banned recently: Porch sofas in Durham, North Carolina; public profanity near Boston; a British man who drinks mouthwash.
Selling Yourself in a Hurry: Résumé Tips - An employer might give your résumé all of 45 seconds. To make the most of that brief time, start with this advice for job seekers age 50-plus.
Eager to Work, But Not Full-Time - People often wonder how to find skilled work on a flexible or part-time schedule. Some want to keep their skills fresh; others want to earn some cash without plunging into the rat race full-time.
The Vicious Cycle of the Gender Pay Gap - The gender pay gap is a labyrinth of unconscious prejudice and blatant discrimination, a byproduct of unbalanced professional opportunities, educational prospects and deeply-entrenched societal norms. With so many forces at work, getting to the root of glass ceiling issues within a single firm or industry is difficult, if not impossible.
Inside the UGB
- Clackamas County officials recommend hiring outside legal counsel to defend Commissioner Jim Bernard against Milwaukie light rail ethics complaint
- Portland’s top two ‘gentrifying’ zip codes and the link to Section 8: Portland City Hall roundup
- Districting supporters start gathering signatures Saturday at Gresham Farmers’ Market
- Troutale’s City Hall is official, though departments still dispersed
Outside the UGB
- Bell, California, Sets Balanced Budget, Salary For First Permanent City Manager Since Fallout
- Mayor blasts Keizer Station critics | Keizertimes
- Linville, Bellingham council work to balance city budget
- EWEB wants public’s ideas about cuts
- Timber, conservation groups lobby Herrera Butler over transportation bill
Stay connected by following these feeds.Facebook: City of Sandy, Oregon, Port of Umatilla Twitter: City of Eugene,Gregory Lewis Pinterest: Feast Portland, FOX 12