- The Lightning Round with Anthony Petchel
- 06.29.12 Knope of the Week
- 06.29.12 The Morning Buzz
- UNC MPA Job Postings 6-25 to 6-29
RSVP for ELGL Forum with Former Governor Barbara Roberts - Please join us on Thursday, July 12, for an ELGL brown-bag session with former Oregon Governor and current Metro Councilor Barbara Roberts.
ELGL Social Hour at OCCMA Conference - Learn more about ELGL and how our membership is redefining the future of local government in Oregon!
RSVP: ELGL Happy New (Fiscal) Year Social - Celebrate the start of FY 2013 and the recipient of the “Knope of the Year” award.
What Should Hillsboro Name Its New Baseball Team? Vote in the ELGL poll.
Grading the New OregonLive Website - What Grade Do You Give the New OregonLive Website?
Join Opt In, Metro’s online opinion panel - Help shape the future of the region by joining Opt In, Metro’s online opinion panel. You’ll be entered into drawings to win gift cards, event tickets and more.
The Coming Decade of Local Government - Our cities and counties enjoy the highest level of citizen trust of any level of government. That’s why they will lead the way despite the fiscal challenges to come.
In Cleveland, Green Goals Are Transformed Into Community Development - Worker-owned cooperatives are leveraging the city’s the biggest institutions to create jobs in the impoverished neighborhoods right next door.
Who Really Takes Summer Fridays? If it’s past noon, you shouldn’t be reading this at your desk. It’s officially summer, and today is Friday. Ergo, you should be joining the lucky 12 percent of workers who enjoy Summer Fridays, a time-honored tradition whereby the workday is shortened or, even better, the office closes to start the weekend early.
The Leader’s Path to Innovation: Less Control, More Chaos In business we speak a lot about “innovation” — how to foster it, how to drive it, how to implement it. But what do we mean when we talk about “innovation”
Inside the UGB
- Home Builders Association drops challenge of Metro construction excise tax
- Bambi v. Godzilla? Animated civic leaders reflect on David Olson’s 30 years running Portland’s cable commission
- Workforce Investment Council awarded $1.5 million grant for job training program aimed at adults leaving jail in Clackamas County
- Matt Wingard’s Oregon House seat continues to draw Republican hopefuls
- Deadline for Portland port dispute set
- Obama coming to Portland? Maybe
- Portland can’t limit alcohol sales by downtown grocers, OLCC says
Outside the UGB
Stay connected by following these feeds.