|Job Title:||Elections Officer/Management Analyst|
|Closing Date/Time:||Mon. 07/16/12 4:30 PM Pacific Time|
|Salary:||$4,787.00 – $6,382.00 Monthly|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Location:||City Hall, 1221 SW 4th Ave, Oregon|
The Elections Officer is responsible for administering two programs within the Office of the City Auditor: the City’s Election process and the Lobbyist Reporting Program.
- ensures that all federal, state and City election laws are being met;
- facilitates the City’s election process;
- works with candidates, elected officials and staff, and other jurisdictions on elections matters; and
- conducts research, interprets code language, and tracks changes in state and federal laws that affect City elections and lobbying.
- writing and updating internal procedures and manuals;
- updating the Auditor’s Elections website; and
- communicating effectively with members of the public, City officials, candidates, and the media both orally and in writing regarding a wide range of topics and issues.
This position assists lobbying entities and City officials with meeting the lobbyist reporting requirements, creates quarterly lobbyist reports, monitors lobbying activity, and provides policy and administrative direction on the Lobbyist Reporting Program.