- 06.29.12 Knope of the Week
- The Lightning Round with Teri Bankhead
- 07.04.12 The Morning Buzz
- What We Have Here is Failure to Communicate
- 07.03.12 Jobs, Jobs, Jobs (The Sparkler Remix)
RSVP for ELGL Forum with Former Governor Barbara Roberts - Please join us on Thursday, July 12, for an ELGL brown-bag session with former Oregon Governor and current Metro Councilor Barbara Roberts.
ELGL Social Hour at OCCMA Conference - Learn more about ELGL and how our membership is redefining the future of local government in Oregon!
RSVP: ELGL Happy New (Fiscal) Year Social - Celebrate the start of FY 2013 and the recipient of the “Knope of the Year” award.
Forest Grove looks beyond TriMet in drive for better public transit - Despite not having a car and working a few miles east of the nearest bus stop, commuter Armando Hernandez considers himself lucky.
Fireworks get banned in many cities due to dry and hot weather - Combine those events and it’s no huge surprise that many towns, counties and cities are canceling fireworks celebrations or banning personal use of fireworks (in places where they’re normally permitted).
Dallas city manager resigned after city spending allegations - Dallas police officers said the city manager has resigned after allegations “of inappropriate handling of city financial matters.”
What PR pros should do when the media gets it wrong - The late writer and journalist Nora Ephron once wrote, “Journalists sometimes get things wrong.” That notion was in full, agonizing display last week after CNN and Fox News misreported the Supreme Court’s decision on Obamacare.
Do you suffer from ‘office ADHD?’ Like most journalists, my inbox is loaded with press releases. Like most journalists, I tend to delete each one. But this subject line caught my eye: “Do you have Adult ADHD? 20 Tell-Tale Signs—Interview/Byline Opp”
Oops-Proof Your Resume: Five Top Tips - Resume writing can be a challenging task to take on yourself. There’s a lot to consider when it comes to resume formatting, keywords and job descriptions. These are all important elements of a stellar resume, but you may be overlooking the little things that show your attention to detail, or lack thereof.
Inside the UGB
- Port of Portland says longshoremen doing their job
- TriMet says new rail line work has created 1,525 jobs
- Milwaukie City Council approves garbage rate increase, passes plan to stop overspending in budget
- Clackamas County adopts $576.2 million budget
Outside the UGB
- Failed Oregon ballot topics might return as election issues in November
- City awaits applicants who want to serve Bethel’s Ward 6
- County service center complete
- State retreats on public relations contract after criticism | Politics Northwest
- Yakima city surveys sent out, officials say they rely on information
- Bag ban backers target Eugene
- Mayor calls for economic summit
- Vancouver’s interim parks director will be community development director
- Councilor’s letter leads to unfair labor practice ruling
- Bainbridge city manager search draws low number of applicants
- Reedsport bids farewell to outgoing city manager
- Top pick for post announced by FC
- Monmouth city budget approved
Stay connected by following these feeds.Facebook: Mayor Shane Bemis
Twitter: Drive Oregon, Share Vancouver Pinterest: The Enterprise of Brockton ELGL Facebook, ELGL Twitter, ELGL LinkedIn, ELGL Google+, ELGL Pinterest