- The Lightning Round with Rhyan Van Horn
- Can I Get a Ride?
- Updated (7/27 – 5 p.m): Former Dallas city manager enters not guilty plea
- 07.27.12 Knope of the Week
- 07.28.12 Your Saturday Post
RSVP: ELGL Forum with Sean Robbins, Greater Portland Inc. - Please join us on Wednesday, August 1 at noon for an ELGL forum with Sean Robbins, Greater Portland Inc. The forum will be held in the West Linn City Hall, Council Chambers – 22500 Salamo Road.
RSVP: ELGL Forum with Bob Moore, founder of Bob’s Red Mill Natural Foods - The event will be held at Bob’s Red Mill corporate headquarters in Milwaukie (13521 SE Pheasant Ct., Milwaukie, OR 97222) on August 8th. Please note, this is a different location than the store. The event will begin at 11:45 am and last until 1pm. For those who are able to stay longer, a tour of the Bob’s Red Mill facility will begin at 1pm.
Forgery sparks Straily’s resignation - Astoria deputy fire chief investigated for false claims.
Campaign to legalize online gambling in U.S. worries tribal casinos in Washington, elsewhere - After dropping out from Seattle Central Community College, Alex Fitzgerald says he has found the good life: winning more than $2.5 million as a professional poker player and quickly becoming one of the hottest young gamblers in the world.
Expected life of I-5 span fuels debate - The Oregon Department of Transportation has pulled down a line on a seven-year-old website that said the current Interstate 5 bridges — with proper maintenance — “could serve the public for another 60 years.”
Never Act Like the Smartest Guy in the Room - That is advice that many executives impart to their brightest up and comers. While it may be obvious, when you are bright – and able to connect dots to points that no one else can see – it’s pretty tempting to strut your own stuff. The problem is that it can be obnoxious.
Too many exclamation points!!! - My inbox is filled with overeager punctuation. Why are we typing so breathlessly, like we’re all skydiving to prom?
Are Unpaid Internships Worth the Effort? But a new survey from the National Association of Colleges and Employers finds that the equation isn’t quite so tidy. That internship might lead to a job–but your chances are far better if you’re getting paid.
Inside the UGB
- TriMet must expand service while trimming costs
- Budget issues drive Fritz and Nolan debate
- Adams: Big plans still ahead
- Cities OK investment in new local roads
- Troutdale mayor faces challenger in election
- Rail measure leads to court fight
Outside the UGB
- Flemming, Muri clash over study session
- John Laird: Despite systemic woes, light rail ridership is increasing
- Strictly Business: Downtown Vancouver can regain its old glow
- Oregon pot legalization measure hard to take seriously
The Social Network
5 Google Alert tips to help monitor your reputation - At face value, Google Alerts comes across as a single-purpose tool that’s good only for monitoring the Web for new content. With a bit of tweaking you can do a lot more with it to help monitor your reputation and content.
Stay connected by following these feeds.Facebook: City of Dallas, Oregon
Pinterest: UW Foster Google+: ABC World News