ELGL Forum with Charlie Hales, Portland Mayoral Candidate - Please join us on Thursday, September 13 at noon for an ELGL forum with Charlie Hales, Portland mayoral candidate.Poll: Clint Eastwood’s Empty Chair
Poll: A Side of Fluoride with Your Glass of Water? Do you favor adding fluoride to drinking water?
RSVP: ELGL Forum with Clackamas County Administrators Steve Wheeler, Nancy Newton and Laurel Butman - Please join us on Wednesday, September 19th at noon for an ELGL forum with Steve Wheeler, Clackamas County Administrator and his two Deputy County Administrators, Nancy Newton and Laurel Butman. The forum will be held in Clackamas County Development Services Building, 150 Beavercreek Road, Oregon City, OR 97045.
Portland’s largest fire in a decade brings federal investigators to Hayden Island - At a vacant hotel on Hayden Island, the smell of smoke persisted the day after Portland’s largest fire in more than a decade. The size of the Sunday blaze at the vacant Thunderbird on the River Hotel has prompted the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives to investigate, said Ron Rouse, a fire inspector and spokesman for Portland Fire & Rescue. Arson has not been ruled out.
Oregon’s unions show growth - Thanks in large part to the organization of home care providers, labor is bucking the national shrinking trend.
- Crews fighting wildfires around Oregon made significant gains during the Labor Day weekend, authorities said.
The Millennial Job Outlook: Low-Wage, Temporary Work - The number of temporary or contract jobs added to the economy has steadily increased since the recession ended. This growth becomes a problem when temp jobs aren’t being converted to permanent ones and when contract work replaces full-time positions.
Boost Productivity By Working From Home, Really! - When I first began working from home, I had a big problem. I didn’t know how to shut it down. I would wake up and immediately jump on the computer and have to get pulled away late at night by my wife. Apparently, I’m not alone in this boost of productivity.
6 Career-Propelling Secrets Your Boss May Not Even Know - If your boss hasn’t told you these things, it may be because he/she is unaware of them. Too often we (and those who manage us) spend our time dealing with the shortsighted concerns of our narrow job descriptions, and neglect the over-arching perspective and goals of the organization. Rising stars, on the other hand, know exactly what their companies need most—and they deliver. Master these skills and become indispensable.
Inside the UGB
- Indy to survey streets to set repair priorities
- Bridge repairs could be more costly than expected
- Fitzgerald the final candidate to enter council race
- One more shot
- Candidates file for Fairview, Troutdale, Wood Village councils
- Suit filed against MAX-related bonds
- Washington County Museum to move to Hillsboro Civic Centers
- Forum will discuss future of Scappoose water fluoridation
- City opens book on renewed library
Outside the UGB
- Just sell it for scrap?
- New City Council candidate to focus on new business ideas
- Participation improves local government
- Fall opening set for police substation
- Small wind turbines to get bigger incentives
- No rain in August marks driest period in four years