- 09.06.12 Jobs, Jobs, Jobs (Electronic Football Remix)
- Updated (09/06 2:30 p.m): Can I Get a Ride?
- 09.07.12 Your Morning Buzz
- 09.07.12 Knope of the Week – 3CMA
- Government Jobs Continue to Decline
ELGL Forum with Charlie Hales, Portland Mayoral Candidate - Please join us on Thursday, September 13 at noon for an ELGL forum with Charlie Hales, Portland mayoral candidate.
RSVP: ELGL Forum with Clackamas County Administrators Steve Wheeler, Nancy Newton and Laurel Butman - Please join us on Wednesday, September 19th at noon for an ELGL forum with Steve Wheeler, Clackamas County Administrator and his two Deputy County Administrators, Nancy Newton and Laurel Butman. The forum will be held in Clackamas County Development Services Building, 150 Beavercreek Road, Oregon City, OR 97045.
ELGL Central Oregon Event: Leadership Trust Bank - Captain Cory Darling and Lieutenant Chris Carney from the Bend Police Department will discuss how managers and supervisors tend to lose the respect of those they are supposed to lead by the little things they do or do not do. The Leadership Trust Bank will give an overview of the things successful leaders do to increase their credibility and things that are done by other managers and supervisors that create distrust and cause loss of credibility.
Introducing PSU Public Service Innovation Lab - I have put together a short survey to get feedback from local government leaders in order to understand the ways in which we can support your efforts to be more innovative. Please let us know how we can help by filling out our survey. It should take less than 5 minutes. Your responses will be anonymous unless you optionally fill-in contact information so that we may follow-up with you.
High speed rail meetings will include open house at Metro - The Oregon Department of Transportation has scheduled several scoping meetings across the Willamette Valley, including one at the Metro Regional Center.
‘Young go-getter’ takes reins in Kelso - Compared to his former home of Connell, Wash., Kelso might seem like foreign territory to new City Manager Steve Taylor.
Paul Ryan to begin debate prep on Sunday in Oregon - Campaign aides say focus will be more on learning how to debate his formidable opponent, Vice President Joe Biden.
Pigskin progressivism - The unbroken chain between big government and football.
10 Questions to Ask a Recruiter (And 1 to Avoid) - Are you so flattered when a recruiter rings you that you forget to ask them critical questions? Take this quiz to see if you’re covering your bases.
Salary Negotiation Tips: Making Your Case for a Pay Raise - Bargain to close a pay disparity by researching a position’s value in your industry.
20 redundant phrases to eliminate from your writing - It’s completely unanimous; these phrases should be past history.
How to prepare for a phone interview - I have been scheduled for a phone interview with a prospective employer. What should I expect and how should I prepare?
Inside the UGB
- Wilsonville City Council adopts updated water system master plan
- Ethics complaint against Clackamas County Commissioner Jim Bernard dismissed
- Even with measures in, most Washington County ballots still light on choices
- Charlie Hales takes maximum contributions from developer, his company, his wife and his family’s horse barn
- Multnomah County joins push for fluoridation in Portland
- Metro needs to open up the discussion on convention center hotel
- Planning Commission approves two Old Town apartment complexes
- Metro hits Lake Oswego tree plan
Outside the UGB
- Nonprofit forming to support Sammamish parks
- Josephine County restores some of its jail capacity
- Who has land-use jurisdiction over new Lowe’s entry?
- Chamber of Commerce opposes a C-Tran tax hike
- PERS retiree continued to work full-time, collect salary during secret retirement
- Candidates talk budgets at City Club meeting
- The future of electric cars: lighter vehicles, more miles per charge
- Developers agree on traffic study, end long Bel-Red battle
The Social Network
Facebook: Better! Cities & Towns
Twitter: Angela Gow
Pinterest: Cycling Portland
Google+: King County Parks