Bainbridge council picks Schultze as next city manager - Doug Schultze has been asked to be the next city manager of Bainbridge Island.
Bainbridge Island’s reputation helps, hinders search for new city manager - The position description Bainbridge circulated to prospective city manager candidates this summer could double as a travel brochure.
Nearly half of county employees have yet to sign ethics forms – More than 43 percent of Luzerne County employees have not signed required forms that acknowledge they will abide by terms of the county’s new ethics code, officials said Monday.
Where Urban Land Growth Is About to Explode - Regions where urbanization is likely to increase by 2030, and where it will have the most impact.
Mitnick: Good governance demands vigilance – Over the past few years, this form of government has experienced challenges in a few cities unparalleled in our state’s history. A series of articles have been written about what appears to be mismanagement and criminal conduct in a handful of southeast Los Angeles County cities. Those regarding the city of Cudahy are especially troubling.
Clackamas commissioners need to listen better to all constituents - Back in the summer, with their backs against the wall, Clackamas County commissioners thought they had a PR problem. They spent between $5,000 and $7,500 on a public relations consultant to help make the Milwaukie light-rail project palatable to an increasingly contrarian public.
Inside the UGB
- Gresham residents to weigh in on monthly utility fee
- Cornelius horse arena remains legal, city council says
- Portland City Council passes resolution against coal trains
- Hillsboro city leaders cite growth, low rates for borrowing money for big projects
- Hillsboro debates list of projects to explore over the next five years
- Keep Lake Oswego Great member explains council, mayor candidate endorsements
- Clackamas rail vote may not point to victory in commissioner races in November
- County vote puts rail plans in a jam
- Water discussions warm up at city hall
- Turn on the tap and open up about city’s water issues
- Officials say WL will benefit from LO’s improved water system
- LO to grow, slowly, over next 20 years
Outside the UGB
- First look at new Sammamish budget
- With revenue projections stable, county debates wants vs. needs
- Eugene faces City Hall puzzle
- Eugene seeks to curtail parties
- Measure 84: Should Oregon Phase Out Its Estate Tax?
- $931,000 hit looms for taxing districts
- Measure 79 Would Ban New Real Estate Transfer Fees, Taxes
A Conversation with Jefferson Smith - Our third meeting for the busy month of September will be with Jefferson Smith – City of Portland Mayoral Candidate. This event will take place on September 28th at noon. Our meeting will be brown bag so please feel free to bring your lunch.
Milwaukie looking for feedback on development plans for area near Tacoma Street light rail station - The team working on the Tacoma Station Area Plan will present three different development scenarios at the open house Monday from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Milwaukie Public Safety Building.
A CIA veteran’s lessons for CEOs – Longtime CIA official Henry Crumpton has some advice for business leaders. Always have a contingency plan, and carry duct tape when you travel.
Should Millennials Feel Guilty for Leaving Their Small Towns Behind? - Growing up, I couldn’t wait to flee central Indiana. Now I just feel lucky, and terrible.
Buy, Hold, Sell: Taking Stock of Vacation Days - With just three and a half months until the end of the year, now’s a good time to take stock of your remaining vacation days.
Turbocharge Your Career Before Breakfast - If you get up early, you can start the day with big wins. That’s true with personal priorities like exercise, but it’s true for professional priorities too.
The Social Network
6 types of pictures brands share on Facebook - Many of the larger Fortune 500 brands are on board, mostly because they have huge agencies assisting or guiding them. Of course, not all the credit goes to the agencies, but it surely mitigates the risk that a company misses a trend when it employs an international agency to keep it ahead of trends.
Twitter: Seattle Transit Blog
Pinterest: City of Shawnee, KS
Google+: The New York Times