The City of Pearland, Texas has openings for a Recreation Specialist and a Treatment Plant Operator. See below for details and check out more openings on their website!
Job Title: Recreation Specialist – Events
Salary: $17.64/hour DOQ
Closing Date: May 8, 2015
Hours: Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; some weekends/evenings
Job Summary: Under general direction, performs work of considerable difficulty planning, assisting with the organizing and facilitating of the department’s special events.
- Bachelor degree (B.A.) from an accredited four-year college or university is preferred.
- Experience that demonstrates a proven history of coordinating special events, required.
- Municipal Government experience preferred.
- Valid Class C Texas Driver’s License, required.
- First Aid and CPR Certification, or the ability to obtain within six (6) months of hire date.
To Apply: Apply online here. For questions call Donna Foster at (281) 652-1618. This position closes at 5:30 p.m. on May 8, 2015. The City of Pearland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Title: Treatment Plant Operator I – Wastewater
Salary: $15.98/hour DOQ
Closing Date: May 12, 2015
Job Summary: Operates sewage treatment, sludge processing, and disposal equipment in wastewater (sewage) treatment plant to control flow and processing of sewage.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) is required.
- Two (2) years experience in Waste Water Treatment, Waste Water Collection, Waste Water Lab, and Water Safety.
- T.C.E.Q. Licenses: Class “C” Waste Water Treatment or the ability to obtain within one (1) year of hire.
- Valid, Class “C” Texas Driver’s License is required; or the ability to transfer out of state driver’s license to Texas within 90 days of hire.
To Apply: Apply online here. For questions call Donna Foster at (281) 652-1618. This position closes at 5:30 p.m. on May 12, 2015. The City of Pearland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.