This is the first-ever ELGL Annual Report! While we’ve been around for the last six years, this is my first year in the executive director role, which gives me the focused ability to report on what we’ve done in 2016, and where we’re headed in 2017.
I’m excited and optimistic as I review our year’s accomplishments and begin planning for the new year. As always, ELGL’s success is the direct result of our amazing volunteers who manage events, coordinate blog series, host Supper Clubs, plan webinars, and manage organization operations. I am grateful for our volunteers and pleased that 58 new members signed up to volunteer for ELGL in 2017 after our successful pop-up conferences in October.
I’ve organized this annual report into “bite size” pieces that members can review at their leisure, releasing each of the pieces periodically throughout December. It’s my hope that this format will make reading each section inviting and manageable, especially during a busy year end. Here are the highlights, and links to each section:
- We hosted 15 special events and nine supper clubs in 12 states.
- We hosted 17 webinars.
- We spoke at 17 conferences in 15 states.
- We published 314 editions of the Morning Buzz, 168 email newsletters, and 232 job postings.
- We ran seven award programs, with 45,319 engagements.
- We hosted 64 episodes of GovLove, featuring 96 guests from 19 states.
- We published 1,459 pieces of blog content, with 466,113 pageviews.
- 598 ELGL members attended #ELGL16 in six locations on October 21, 2016.
Thank you for the opportunity to work with so many of you to connect, communicate, and educate about local government.
Executive Director, ELGL
@kowyatt | @ELGL50