Welcome to the Morning Buzz. The City of Raymore, Mo., just wrapped up a month of community conversations where we asked residents to weigh in on what should be included in the City’s new strategic plan. One idea we heard over and over, loud and clear was that we needed an Olive Garden. That’s right, our residents want all-you-can-eat salad and bread sticks. Jury is still out on some of the other community improvements, though…
Now, don’t get me wrong, I am not an OG Hater. I have dined and enjoyed myself over a Tour of Italy and breadsticks at many family events and birthdays. So, today, I dedicate this Buzz to the one and only, Olive Garden.
What I’m Eating: Cavatappi with Italian Sausage and four-cheese marinara (my go-to meal at The Garden)
What I’m Watching: #SuperTuesday analysis
What I’m Reading: The Future we Want (I was intrigued by this book through another #ELGL member. Decided to jump on the bandwagon)
What I’m listening to: Imagine Dragons (96.5 The Buzz Acoustic Set)
The first confirmed case of Zika hits Chicago: Chicago has its first case of the Zika virus, the source of an outbreak that has swept through the Americas and raised concerns among health officials in recent weeks.
Still in testing, the KC Streetcar involved in first accident: If you are from the KC region we all know Johnson County drivers are the worst, amirite?! But seriously, the KC Streetcar was involved in a minor fender bender when it hit a car that was parked illegally. The City has struggled to let people know that if your car is not parked within the white lines, then you are at risk of getting hit. Seems like the City is getting serious…
Kalamazoo teen shooting victim opens eyes for first time, recognizes parents: The 14-year-old Battle Creek girl who was shot Feb. 20 in a shooting rampage in Kalamazoo has reached another milestone in her recovery, according to the GoFundMe page set up online to raise money to defray the family’s expenses during her recovery.
Shamrock Shake or Cadbury Cream Egg McFlurry: Australian McDonald’s are offering the new Cadbury Cream Egg McFlurry and making me rethink that trip to the Land Down Under to taste one.
- GovLove: The Poll of Record with Dr. Kenneth Fernandez, Elon Poll
- CPBB Budgeting Workshop – March 2
- Webinar: ELGL/UTA Challenge Winner – March 3
- Webinar: Technology Efficiency Series – New Webinar Every Month
Public-private partners aim to enhance existing mass transit in KC: Kansas City commuters are going to test a potential solution for increased urban mobility.
- Super Tuesday Brings Harsh Light And Heartaches On The Morning After: Lots of analysis. Lots of data. and LOTS of memes wondering is Chris Christie was at the Trump Press Conference willingly… blink twice if you need help, Chris!
- On his trip to Cuba, Obama will get to watch an exhibition baseball game: The Tampa Bay Rays and Cuban National team will square off in the historic match up.
Racism Charges in Bus Incident, and Their Unraveling, Upset University at Albany: The allegation set social media ablaze, sowing shock and outrage as it went: Three black students at the University at Albany had been attacked on a city bus by a group of white men who used racial slurs as other passengers and the driver sat silently by.
- TOUCHDOWN! Astronaut Scott Kelly returns home after a year in SPAAAAAAAAACE: Scott Kelly looked out the window at the flat, barren terrain around him. It wasn’t Mars. It wasn’t even the moon. It was Kazakhstan. But after 340 days in space, anywhere on planet Earth felt like home.