I don’t know about y’all, but this week has been straight outta Office Space for me. From equipment malfunctions to having a case of the Monday’s it’s all there. Here’s hoping for the weekend.
This morning we’re buzzing about how to change the way you speak to change the way you think, and how glass slides and skyscrapers probably aren’t a good combination.
Right Now With Emily Morrison
What I’m Listening To – 80’s hit list on spotify.
What I’m Doing – Researching old warrants from the 80’s.
What I want to know from you – What’s the scariest ride you’ve ever been on?
5 Words And Phrases That Can Transform Your Work Life– We all know that words hold weight, but what about the words we use in reference to ourselves and our work life. A Stanford design and engineering professor says making simple changes to the words and phrases we use can empower us to achieve our goals.
How Cities Can Get Smart: 6 Tips from Local CIOs. Local CIOs gathered in Sunnyvale, Calif., on Thursday to discuss what it means to be a smart city and how to position today’s government for the future.
This Skyscraper Comes With a Slide—On the Outside. File this under NOPE.
Upcoming ELGL Events
- CPBB Budgeting Workshop – March 2
- Webinar: ELGL/UTA Challenge Winner – March 3
- Webinar: Technology Efficiency Series – New Webinar Every Month
- Boston’s Playful New Campaign to Get Smokers to Stop Littering
- How 3D-Printed Maps Are Helping the Blind and Visually Impaired
- Black Homes Matter: The Fate of Affordable Housing in Pittsburgh
- The Negative Effects of the Nation’s Lengthening Commute
- New Hampshire Wants Commuter Rail to Boston
- Maryland Bills Push Back on Anti-Transit Governor
- It’s official: Kate Brown signs minimum wage bill for $14.75 in Portland
- A soup kitchen disguised as a restaurant is making a big difference in Kansas City.
- Hazleton, Pa., PD Lauds Plate Readers’ Intelligence-Sharing Capabilities
Local Gov Confidential
Government fleets continue to grow. Governments own a total of 4.08 million motor vehicles, up from 3.99 million tallied in the previous year’s report – an increase of more than 2 percent. The actual increase in government fleet size from 2013 to 2014 was 88,754 vehicles.
Beyond Flint: Are other city water supplies in danger? Environmental activist Erin Brockovich predicts that other cities will have water crises similar to what’s going on in Flint, Mich.