Listen on iTunes & SoundCloud
Last week, the GovLove podcast reunited Gabe Klein, author of The Start-Up City and Leah Treat, director of the Portland Bureau of Transportation. The duo discussed working together under Mayor Emanuel in Chicago and Mayor Fenty in Washington, DC.
We invite you to take a listen to this episode and the 44 other episodes. You’ll hear about attracting veterans to local government, the story behind the creation of Cards Against Urbanity, a rebuttal to John Oliver’s take on special districts, and more.
Excited yet? If not, maybe this will help. This week ELGL member Taylor Huckaby from Bay Area Rapid Transit will discuss his motivation in writing the article, This Is Our Reality: Why I Couldn’t Hold Back About the Bay Area’s Real Transit Problem.
An idea for a future episode? Email Ben Kittelson, email@example.com.
Other previous GovLove guests include:
- Pat Martel, ICMA President & Daly City, CA City Manager
- Chris Osgood and Nigel Jacob, Co-Founders of Boston’s Mayor’s Office of New Urban Mechanics
- Mayor Freddie Odom of Bluffton, GA, 1st Mayor with autism in the US
- Tamara Manik-Perlman, CEO of Next Request
- Chris Maddox, CEO of Seneca Systems
- Michelle Lee, CoFounder & CEO at Textizen
- Lee Worsley, Executive Director ,Triangle J Council of Governments
- Tom Lundy, Catawba County, NC County Manager
- Oxnard, CA Police Chief Jeri Williams & Gilroy, CA Police Chief Denise Turner