Today is a day of product demos for new software for our office. Most of the time these demos are a great chance to get to know the company and what they have to offer, sometimes they turn out more like an infomercial. You know the ones that are on at 6 a.m. on Sundays that tell you all the things you’re doing wrong in your life. Let’s hope today is not like that.
What I’m Reading – An Unquiet Mind by Kay Redfield
What I’m Doing – Working on a press release.
What I want to know from you – What is the craziest souvenir you’ve ever brought home?
Idaho Sells Home-Grown Unemployment System to Iowa and Vermont. In a unique move, Idaho’s Department of Labor has licensed and begun to roll out its self-built unemployment benefits system to Iowa and Vermont, with hopes that other states will join the consortium of users.
Why America Won’t Fund Its Broken Infrastructure: Best #Cityreads of the Week. A roundup of the best stories on cities and urbanism we’ve come across in the past seven days.
One for the Road: The Origins of America’s Souvenir Obsession. We all have them. From magnets to mugs we all go a little nutty about souvenirs. I personally have a fridge full of magnets from all of the family trips we’ve been on.
- Who Are You? with Stephanie Watkins-Cruz, UNC MPA
- Between 2 Interns with Hillsboro City Manager Michael Brown
- Innovation Labs Coming to a City Near You!
- Takin’ Care of Business in a Small City
- Break it Down: A Billion Points of Data
Upcoming ELGL Events
- Webinar: Fiscal Command Center Webinar – Wednesday, April 20. 2016
- Webinar: Future Schedule Technology Efficiency Series – New Webinar Every Month
- Cyclists vs. Runners: A Path to Peace
- Youth Artists Are Painting Gorgeous Murals Inside New York City Public Housing
- How the Midwest could become be the epicenter for IoT
- Austin Police Department tracks crime using video cameras, real-time monitoring
- Legal fight brewing over KC’s trash policy for many apartments, condos
- Where America’s Poor Pay the Most for Electricity
Local Gov Confidential
- The Absurd Primacy of the Automobile in American Life
- Mapping California’s Racial Bias in Sentencing Traffic Violations
- Why America’s Schools Have A Money Problem