What’s it like to manage a parks system for over 8.5 million people? For this week’s episode we sat down with New York City Parks and Recreation Commissioner Mitchell Silver. He’s a planner with over 30 years of experience and took the helm of the big apple’s parks system in 2014 after serving as the top planning official in the city of Raleigh, NC. We discuss everything from borderless parks to gentrification and Robert Moses.
- NC: Mitchell Silver, City of Raleigh and American Planning Association
- An exit interview with Raleigh Planning Director Mitchell Silver, bound for New York City – IndyWeek
- Mitchell Silver: a man possessed by making New York’s parks havens of happiness for all – The Guardian
- NYC Parks Chief Talks Public Space Trends, Big Data and “Fixing” Central Park’s Monument Inequity – Next City
- De Blasio Appoints Mitchell Silver New Parks Commissioner – Observer