Salary: $4,597.88, – $6,161.63 per month
Closing: June 30, 2016
Beaverton is located seven miles west of Portland and has a population of approximately 94,215. The city offers a variety of activities and amenities including the state’s largest, all-agricultural farmers market; an outstanding city library; and more than 100 parks, bike paths and hiking trails. It has been named one of the best places to raise kids by BusinessWeek magazine, one of the top 25 suburbs for retirement by Forbes.com and one of the 100 best walking cities in America by Prevention magazine.
Beaverton is about an hour’s drive from the Oregon coast, Mt. Hood and the Columbia River Gorge. The city is also a transportation hub with frequent bus and rail connections to the entire Portland metropolitan area. City Hall is located on the MAX light rail service line at the Beaverton Central Station.
The person filling this position will implement and administer essential programs and projects in support of the economic development, planning and community development functions of the city. The person will need to have strong program and project management skills and experience. Strong written communication skills are required. This person will do presentations and represent the City of Beaverton in public meetings.
- Provide project and program management duties in support of the city’s economic and community development programs
- Develop, review and recommend approval of program/project work plans, services, policies, procedures, and reports
- Evaluate program/project effectiveness and recommend actions for improvement as necessary
- Track, update, and respond to specific inquiries relating to business development
- Undertake independent projects to inform stakeholders and highlight key trends impacting the city
- Assist in the preparation of staff reports for various groups, committees, commissions, and boards
- Use of Microsoft Office applications, databases, CRM, and project management software
- Act as liaison between the city and community
- Regular and consistent attendance
- Support and respect diversity in the workplace
- Other duties as assigned
Applications may be completed on our website at www.BeavertonOregon.gov/jobs or by submitting a City of Beaverton application form to the Human Resources Department, Beaverton City Hall, P.O. Box 4755, Beaverton, OR 97076.
Full job description: Economic Development Project Coordinator