Big news – on Wednesday, we’ll open a handful of tickets for each of the #ELGL16 pop up locations. These are first come, first serve – and your best chance to guarantee that you’ll have a spot at #ELGL16. General admission tickets go on sale the week before Labor Day for the October 21, 2016 popups.
This week, I had the chance to talk about ELGL on the Plural of You podcast. Host Josh Morgan is a sociologist who likes to share stories about people helping other people. I highly recommend adding the Plural of You to your podcast subscriptions.
I also added another installment to my update on how I’m using the ICMA Hansell Award money for personal and ELGL professional development. Learning more about Bill Hansell is a great way to refresh and renew your energy and passion for public service.
ELGL Weekly Update – 06.05.16
- Welcome to the ELGL family! We added 21 new members and one new organizational member – OpenGov.
- This week’s Jobs, Jobs, Jobs paid homage to the biggest earworm of the summer – “Lost Boy” by Ruth B.
- Birthdays and Books is still going strong – here’s an update on upcoming June birthdays.
- We posted job openings from Beaverton, Eugene, Triangle J COG, and Wheatridge.
Communicate (Awesome ELGL.org Content):
- Brad Larsen from Savage, MN broke it down for us with a post on capital improvement plans.
- Shelby Teufel from Pleasant Hill, MO broke it down for us with a post on #13Percent.
- Matt Lorenzen started a new column series, “Matt the Analyst,” where he’ll share some perspectives on local government data analysis techniques.
- Angelica Wendell from NRC wrote about public engagement in the internet age.
Communicate (By the Numbers):
- ELGL.org had 5,600 page views (4,400 unique views) on 23 blog posts.
- The most popular posts of the week? Jobs, Jobs, Jobs and Shelby’s post.
- Our Tweets from the main ELGL account had 56,00o impressions.
- We added 12 new Facebook followers and our posts reached 2,400 people from the main ELGL Facebook page.
- This week’s GovLove podcast featured a panel of California local government administrators about one of the hottest current policy topics, minimum wage.
- We also hosted Luke Fretwell from Proud City at a webinar on municipal websites.
- Coming up this week: Rebecca Olson travels to Florida for organizational member Qscend’s annual conference. Expect some awesome updates as a Minnesotan heads south.
Questions? Comments? Drop me a note and let me know how ELGL can best serve you!