ELGL shared an older article I had written about using Emoji in social media. It was a fun article, but what really started it was a presentation I did years ago on using gifs and memes in professional presentations. The whole thesis was that people connect with abstract concepts and hard-to-understand ideas better when explained through humor rather than the typical recitation of facts. It was part of a broader study on online communications, but it also allowed me to create an enormous folder of gifs, memes and emoji. So today, I share with you some of my favorite ( and strangest) gifs I have collected over the years.
What I’m Doing: Preparing to lead a committee on City Medallion designs.
What I’m Watching: Full Frontal with Samantha Bee
What I’m Reading: The 12 Bottle Bar (a book I actually stole from fellow ELGL Missourian Ben Declue)
June 15 & 16 – GOVERNING Summit on Leadership & Innovation at Seelbach Hotel, Louisville KY
June 16 – Technology Efficiency Series: Trello at anymeeting.com/elglwebinar
June 21 to 24 – Association of Washington Cities Conference at Edward D. Hansen Conference Center, Everett WA
June 22 to 24 – WCMA & ILCMA Summer Conference at The Abbey, Fontana WI
Local Gov Confidential
- Interactive map: Top 25 U.S. cities for fostering entrepreneurial growth and innovation
- Start your 2017-2018 budget planning now…no really, now!
- Florida city dumps nearly 10 million gallons of wastewater into Tampa Bay
- How Cyclists Are Making the Most of D.C. Metro’s Service Cuts
- The Latest in the Fight to Tax Sugary Drinks
- 660 Acres Donated to Pittsburgh to Become City’s Largest Park
- 7 ‘Smart Cities Challenge’ Proposals
- On the End of Big Infrastructure
- This is officially the weirdest place in America
- What Happens When There’s Nobody Left to Move to the City?