Everyone has a “hot take” these days from the talking heads at ESPN to political pundits filling the air on cable. ELGL cannot (and will not) be left out. We are asking new members to give us their hot takes on an array of issues.
City of Troutdale, OR – Associate Planner
Write the headline for your life story.
Go Pacific Northwest Young Planner!
What three things would you change about local government?
- Increase effective community involvement and participation, especially among younger citizens.
- Additional inter-generational team building opportunities.
- Reduce the “not my job” mentality.
If ELGL gave you $10 million right now, what would you do?
I would focus investing in three broad subject areas.
- First, I would use some of these funds to develop innovative, outside-of-the-box affordable housing strategies that increase lifetime livability options and ensure long-term affordability for all community members.
- Next, I would invest in enhancing the bikeway system that connects Troutdale to Portland, the Columbia River Gorge, and the Sandy Ridge Trail System.
- And finally, I would like to see the implementation of programs that expand community resiliency to economic and environmental threats.
Is summer overrated?
Yes and no. Yes, because it is hard to have a bad day sliding around on snow in the winter. And no, having more daylight allows for a multitude of outdoor recreation opportunities in the summer.
What’s the one skill that you wish you had?
While unrelated to professional planning, I wish I was more musically capable and could play more instruments effortlessly.