This time next week when I write this article I will be smack in the middle of fair week. Let’s celebrate the awesomeness of county fairs. They are one of the few places where everything you love can be fried and the more ridiculous the food the better it is!
What I’m Doing – Watching Trump try to give Pence a smooch.
What I’m Listening To – Kaleo
What I Want to Know From You – What’s your favorite fair food?
Should Students Learn About Black Lives Matter in School? The lengthy timelines of publishing new history textbooks—and the problematic narratives those books often present—push primary resources to the forefront of current-events education.
Here’s How Many Cars This Car-Sharing Service Killed. According to a new study, every car2go vehicle removes as many as 11 personal cars from city streets.
- Podcast: The Professor and The Student
- Budget & Management Analyst, Wake County, NC
- Clackamas County, OR Job Board 07.21.16
- City Manager, Silverton, OR
- UNC Job Listings 07.21.16
Conference: Center for Priority Based Budgeting (CPBB) Conference – August 2 to 4, Denver CO
Event: ELGL & CPBB at the Ballpark – August 3, Denver CO
Supper Club: ELGL Supper Club in San Mateo, CA – August 28
Webinar: Future Schedule Technology Efficiency Series – New Webinar Every Month
- San Francisco Shifts Maintenance Burden for Street Trees Back to the City
- A Different Approach to Redevelopment
- How Transit Shaped Coney Island
- How a Mobile Market Will Boost Access to Healthy Food in Flint
- Why Indianapolis Is Counting Its Bees
- Connecting Health Services With Affordable Housing
Local Gov Confidential
State and local governments are taking a variety of approaches to how they regulate police body camera footage. While some aim for protecting the rights of citizens, others want to limit access altogether.