About the County
Home to the State Capitol, Wake County is one of the fastest growing areas in the nation and the second-most populous county in the state, with approximately 1,000,000 residents. The County has received national and international rankings and accolades from publications such as Money, Fortune, and Time magazines as being one of the best places to live, work and play. The central location of the County allows for a short drive to the spectacular mountains or coast.
Wake County Government is governed by a seven-member Board of Commissioners, who are elected at-large to serve four-year terms. Wake County Government has a general operating budget of $1.063 billion, employs approximately 3,800 employees, experiences minimal turnover, and is an award -winning leader in wellness and technology initiatives; such as offering employees and covered spouses free access to the Employee Health Center. Wake County Government offers a wide range of training and development opportunities, a stable career in public service with a balance of work and family life, flexible work schedules and a competitive salary and benefits package
The Budget and Management Analyst will collaborate with departments to develop, evaluate, and analyze County operating and capital budgets, lead and serve on county-wide special projects, and help effectively communicate information throughout the organization. Analyst will provide consultation, technical assistance and coordination in the preparation and execution of the budgets. Budget and Management Services seeks motivated and talented professionals to join its team. Wake County is consistently rated as one of the best places to live and work in America. The County offers a comprehensive benefit package as well as other programs, resources, policies and practices that integrate work/life strategies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages a portfolio of assignments consisting of a combination of operating departments, capital programs, special revenue, enterprise funds and office functional leads.
- Assists in the development of the County’s annual operating and capital budgets.
- Uses budget software to capture and evaluate requests. Manipulates data and develops a command of the Financial, Budgeting and Human Resources ERP system as well as other systems.
- Evaluates funding and program requests, develops alternatives in collaboration with department staff and recommends approaches.
- Develops revenue and expenditure projections.
- Monitors budgets throughout the fiscal year working with County departments, outside agencies, etc., to ensure that funds are used in accordance with established goals, guidelines, and strategies.
- Reviews and executes budget adjustments, contract approvals and position authorization actions in accordance with organizational policy.
- Provides management consulting and analysis services to the County Manager’s Office and County departments.
- Assists departments to achieve their stated goals and objectives by providing programmatic counsel and analytical support.
- Serves on master planning, County-wide policy planning, RFP development committees, among others.
- Works with Budget team to draft budget message, publications and other products.
- Leads or provides staff support to investigate and research county-wide issues; conducts special projects.
More Info & Apply
Read the complete job description and apply online here: Wake Jobs.