Tualatin Hills Park & Recreation District is the largest special park district in Oregon, spanning about 50 square miles and serving 230,000 residents in and around Beaverton, Ore.
Our mission is to provide high-quality park and recreation facilities, programs, services, and natural areas that meet the needs of the diverse communities we serve.
The Office Tech II is responsible for a wide variety of general office and clerical duties, including support for the Design & Development Department.
This position receives supervision from the Superintendent of Design & Development and exercises no supervision over other employees.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide general THPRD information over the phone or in person; answer questions as appropriate, refer calls and people to the appropriate personnel, take and distribute accurate messages, process facility rental applications.
- Provide clerical support for management and staff. Prepare and proofread a variety of forms, letters, flyers, reports, etc. from rough draft or detailed instruction. Perform data-entry. Research and collect data for special projects and reports.
- Communicate with staff to monitor project schedules in order to work with the park district’s communications and information services department to update the website regarding project schedules/implementation and any other project-related information.
- Assist in the coordination and scheduling of meetings and events. Maintain schedule for use of conference room.
- Assist with project permitting and land development processes.
- Assist with community engagement and outreach for a wide variety of projects.
- Sort, file, retrieve, and distribute files, records, maps, and other documents.
- Assist with the creation and editing of maps and exhibits utilizing Geographic Information Systems (GIS.) Print and mount presentation format materials.
- Inventory, order, and maintain office supplies.
- Review time sheets; perform electronic time-keeping edits.
- Answer the multi-line telephone and direct calls to appropriate personnel and take accurate messages.
- Provide excellent internal and external customer service. Create a positive experience for customers through professional and courteous behavior and creative problem resolution.
- Practice safe work habits and contribute to the safety of self, co-workers and the general public.
- Support and respect diversity in the workplace.
Get more information about the job and apply here: Office Tech II, THPRD.