In a wide ranging interview, Zach Markovits, Director of City Programs, What Works Cities, discusses:
- His celebrity look-alike,
- East Coast vs. West Coast,
- Three facts about What Works Cities that are not on their website,
- How What Works Cities can help cities of all size,
- If open data scares local government leaders,
- How civil servants are cities’ most under-used asset,
- Three biggest challenges faced by What Works Cities,
- The upcoming 2016 Center for Priority Based Budgeting Conference,
- Whether What Works Cities will ever work themselves out of a job, and
- Becoming a professional cellist.
Launched by Bloomberg Philanthropies in April 2015, What Works Cities is a national initiative to help 100 mid-sized American cities enhance their use of data and evidence to improve services, inform local decision-making and engage residents.
- Riddle Me This….How Does a City Become a What Works City