Today’s buzz remembers Harambe the Gorilla. Cut down in the prime of his life and now gone too soon to that great zoo enclosure in the sky. Harambe is now behind a wall in that Undiscovered Country, from whose bourn no traveller returns. He will live on forever, particularly in the world of Harambe Twitter.
What I’m reading: Words of Radiance by Brandon Sanderson
What I’m watching: Charlie Rose
What I’m doing: Getting impatient for next week
What I want to know from you: What is your favorite Harambe moment?
I would also support one of the comedy crews here asking delegates to react to Hillary’s role in the death of Harambe.
— daveweigel (@daveweigel) July 25, 2016
The Knife Attack in Japan: A knife attack outside Tokyo has left at least 15 people dead and 45 more wounded, according to Japanese media. The attack occurred at a facility for disabled individuals in the city of Sagamihara, located about 30 kilometers, or 20 miles, southwest of the Japanese capital, reported NHK, Japan’s national broadcaster.
#FoodPorn, Circa 1600s: Then And Now, It Was More About Status Than Appetite: A new study of old masters finds that capturing and showing off decadent and expensive meals is a decidedly old-fashioned practice. Like today’s Instagrammers, it was all about projecting an image.
WE SENT COMPLAINTS TO GOOGLE MAPS SAYING SHANKLAND ROAD WAS ACTUALLY HARAMBE DRIVE AND THEY CHANGED IT IM SCREAMING pic.twitter.com/b7SvgDzx2K
— chris gallagher (@gallagherc_) July 23, 2016
“What!? We told him not to do it…the madman…he’s…he’s bringing Harambe on stage!!”
Paul Manafort collapsed. pic.twitter.com/kzPEfQ37QU
— alt right fanfiction (@altright_fanfic) July 23, 2016
Conference: Center for Priority Based Budgeting (CPBB) Conference – August 2 to 4, Denver CO
Event: ELGL & CPBB at the Ballpark – August 3, Denver CO
Supper Club: ELGL Supper Club in San Mateo, CA – August 28
Webinar: Future Schedule Technology Efficiency Series – New Webinar Every Month
Stay woke for Harambe pic.twitter.com/x50GMatvOu
— Jay (@forty7oz) July 22, 2016
Notebook: The Democrats’ Damaging Damage Control: On Debbie Wasserman Schultz’s long exit.
Tainted Water Near Colorado Bases Hints at Wider Safety Concerns: The use of a firefighting foam, which contains chemicals associated with harmful health effects, may have contaminated supplies near many installations.
How Does A Tiger Keep Cool In This Heat? One Word: Bloodsicles: In the sweltering summer heat of Washington, D.C., the National Zoo gets creative to keep its guests and animals happy. That means things like frozen treats made of cow blood for the big cats.
- Why Would Vladimir Putin Want To Leak The DNC Emails?: Russian intelligence services are the main suspects behind the hacking of DNC emails, and many Democrats warn that the Russian president has stepped into American politics in an unprecedented way.
Harambe Mount Rushmore pic.twitter.com/tLCw9exUoN
— Fred Delicious (@Fred_Delicious) July 20, 2016
- Jesse Ventura’s Theory of Politics: Professional wrestling is making its mark on politics. The World Wrestling Entertainment boss Vince McMahon and his wife, Linda, have been active in electoral politics and have also been major donors to conservative groups. Terrance Gerin—a long-tenured wrestler known in the WWE ring as Rhyno—is running for office in Michigan. Hulk Hogan has flirted with the idea of running for office, and Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson also seems to be exploring it.
- A Bernie Voter, From Ukraine, on the Putin Story: I think this is very interesting: a reader who knows Russia and Ukraine, on how he reads the unfolding “Putin angle” news.
- A Snapshot of a 21st-Century Librarian: There’s a stereotypical image of a librarian in popular culture: someone older, in thick-rimmed glasses and overly modest clothing, guarding the silence in a room full of books with all-powerful shushes.
- When a Vegetarian Marries a Cattle Rancher: Keri Brandt was once a strident vegetarian—but marrying a cattle rancher complicated her relationship with eating animals. She added meat to her diet and began to examine her black-and-white view. “In fact, I lost some friends in marrying David,” she says in this short documentary, which comes to us as a part of the world-traveling web series The Perennial Plate. “I had some friends who were vegan, and it was really hard for them to understand that I could fall in love with a cattle rancher.”
HARAMBE WOULD HAVE LOVED TRUMP pic.twitter.com/NioejmszZL
— Watch #ClintonCash (@PizzaPartyBen) July 18, 2016
PCZBA Delays Block 3, Code Votes: LAKE BLUFF — A call for civility by Lake Bluff Plan Commission Zoning Board of Appeals Chairman Steven Kraus before a public hearing on the future of a proposed Block…
NGA director signals closer ties with community at new north side headquarters: NGA Director Robert Cardillo says green space, office space for private companies could go on campus.
ACLU lawsuit says University City shouldn’t have ejected citizen from contentious meeting: The federal lawsuit says that University City violated the free speech and due process rights of a citizen who was criticizing Mayor Shelley Welsch at a meeting in January.
harambe died twice. once for our sins. and twice in meme form.
— rt your kink (@rtyourkink) July 18, 2016