ELGL organizational member City of Mountain View, CA is hiring for the following position:
The City Manager’s Office provides professional leadership in the administration of all City services, activities and facilities; directs the execution of policies and objectives formulated by the City Council; develops and presents to the City Council recommendations and strategies in response to community issues; plans and executes programs to meet the current and future needs of the City of Mountain View; and strives to provide the highest quality of human resources service to City departments, employees, and prospective employees. We are seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated professional who possesses strong analytical skills and interpersonal skills.
What You’ll Do
- Analyze opportunities and develop plans to streamline and continuously improve the effectiveness and efficiency of City systems and procedures, and lead the implementation across all City departments.
- Oversee implementation of initiatives to enrich the workplace environment and maximize employee engagement. -Assist in the development and oversight of the City Manager’s Office budget and work plan.
- Coordinate data gathering and reporting on the City Council’s priority goals and related initiatives.
- Provide analysis and project management for the Human Relations Commission (HRC) to support the Commission’s mission of promoting of tolerance, inclusivity and involvement in the Mountain View community.
- Conduct research and fiscal analysis in support of labor negotiations. -Manage a range of programs, contracts, and grants in such areas as: child care, family resources, public service grants, Americans with Disability Act (ADA) coordination, and cable television/ telecommunications.
- Create, implement, and oversee complex work plans to update and work collaboratively with department staff to implement new citywide programs, projects and policies.
- Exhibit remarkable customer service to your colleagues, other agencies, and the community in which you serve.
- Supervise assigned professional, technical and clerical staff and lead cross-departmental teams.
- Principal Management Analyst is distinguished by the level of City-wide responsibility assumed and the complexity of the duties assigned. This position acts as the City’s lead analyst, developing and guiding a peer analytical network across the organization, providing coaching and support to department analysts and providing direct assistance to department heads to ensure the success of complex, citywide projects and initiatives. This level requires a great deal of independence in action and a full understanding of City-wide programs.
Are You Ready? Apply!
Please submit all the following application materials online at CalOpps: 1) application, 2) supplemental questionnaire, 3) cover letter, and 4) resume. Alternatively, the above can submitted to the Human Resources Division, City of Mountain View, 500 Castro Street, Mountain View, CA 94041, (650) 903-6309. All documents must be submitted to have your application be considered. Applications will be screened on a continuous basis with a first application review date of Friday, September 9, 2016. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply early!
For the full job announcement and to apply, please go to CalOpps.