Wow – we just finished our best week ever for new members (both individuals and organizations) and now we’re starting a huge week with #ELGL16 conference registration opening on Monday, #CityHallSelfie winners announced on Tuesday, and ELGL Choice awards announced on Wednesday.
- Best. Week. Ever! We added 45 new members to the ELGL family and six (!) new organizational members:
- We built out this interactive #CityHallSelfie day map to show the reach of this awesome day of local government pride of service.
- Sam Anselm from Joplin, MO told us about his four loves (hint: local government is one of them).
- Christine Edwards from Mecklenburg County, NC shared her perspectives and career path with us./
- We posted a great job with the City of Portland, and also shared SGR’s job board.
- Timothy Martin with Roanoke, VA kicked off our new format for the “meet our new members” feature.
- We posted news about a So Cal supper club – check it out and sign up today.
- I Love BBQ series continued and we profiled three more people who are signed up to attend the #ICMA16 ELGL mixer:
Communicate (ELGL.org Content):
- Katie Walpole from Clark County, NV told us about her life in presidential terms.
- We learned more about new organizational member Waters & Company.
- Kent Wyatt proclaimed himself to be the biggest Serbia basketball fan.
- Morning Buzz continued to share important local gov topics:
Communicate (By the Numbers):
- We shared an article about the incredible Bonnie Sverck about her inclusion on the ELGL “top influencers” list.
- Dr. Craig Waldron from Hamline University shared his perspectives on recruiting and retaining excellent local government mployees
- ELGL member and Traeger Award winner Darrin Tangeman shared his military experience and the impact on his career journey – Podcast: Veterans in Local Government
- Liz Aberg, Quinnipiac University Master of Science, Interactive Media graduate, completed her capstone on local government’s use of social media. We’re excited to share Liz’s final report with you.
- Kate Queram from the Greensboro News & Record talked to Ben about covering local government for a daily newspaper.
Questions? Comments? Drop me a note and let me know how ELGL can best serve you!