We’ve been invited back to Wisconsin! The League of Wisconsin Municipalities (LWM) has invited a team of ELGL members to present a “deep dive” at the 118th Annual Conference. (We’ll never forget our presentation from the very first LWM Conference in 1898.)
We’ll be deep diving on community engagement. H/T to Gail Sumi.
An amazing and award winning group of Engaging Local Government Leaders are leading a Deep Dive Session on Wednesday morning at the League’s Annual Conference.
ELGL Presents: Building Engagement Through Your Community’s Front Door
- Chad Doran, Communications Coordinator – City of Appleton
- Jim Healy, Village Administrator – Village of Richfield
- Josh Schoemann, County Administrator – Washington County
- Lauren Stott, Management Analyst – City of DeKalb, IL
In an era of 140 character Tweets and 24/7 Facebook posts, diverse strategic external communication strategies and a deft understanding of who your “audience” is plays a large part in the success or failure of municipalities engaging their taxpayers. Hear leading edge techniques, lessons learned, and the future of strategic government communications from a few local and nationally recognized leaders in the field of public administration.
- Tips for helping your organization find “it’s voice” on social media.
- Crisis management and getting out ahead of the story.
- Best practices in developing relationships with the local media.
- Leveraging social media platforms to engage residents like never before.
- How to cultivate positive and meaningful communication with millennials.
- Bridging the digital divide with the “greatest generation”
We guarantee our dive will be better than this:
The Filipino National Diving Team Is AWFUL at diving pic.twitter.com/xYzdMREtg5
— Pardon My Take (@PardonMyTake) August 8, 2016