Guess who turns 50 today!? This morning’s Buzz is a celebration of Star Trek and all its geeky glory.
What I’m Reading – I’m currently looking for a new book. Any suggestions?
What I’m Listening To – Kaleo
What I’m Watching– Atlanta
Much More Than A 5-Year Mission: ‘Star Trek’ Turns 50 Today, one of the most enduring franchises in TV and movie history celebrates its 50th birthday. Star Trek debuted on NBC in 1966, developed by Roddenberry, a former Los Angeles cop who wanted to make a TV series which could sneak past the rampant escapism of most programs back then.
NASA Mission To Retrieve Ancient Asteroid Dust Is Ready For Launch A rocket set to take off Thursday evening from Cape Canaveral, Fla., is part of a mission by NASA and the University of Arizona to send a robot to an asteroid. The goal: Bring back ancient dust.
Somebody Altered Houston’s ‘Don’t Walk’ Signals to Give Pedestrians the Finger A new way to discourage jaywalking?
- Podcast: Civic Tech with Chris Maddox, CEO of Seneca Systems
- Top o’ the Mitten: ELGL & the Michigan Municipal League
- Transitioning to a Job Outside of Local Government
- Podcast: What I Learned From Becoming a Dad
- I Love BBQ: Nick Kittle, Adams County, Colorado
Upcoming ELGL Events
- Conference & Networking: League of Women in Government Symposium + Networking – September 24
- Networking: ELGL & ICMA BBQ Mixer – September 25
- Webinar:Local Governments & Local and Regional Food Economies – October 11
- Conference & Networking: #ELGL16 PopUp Conference – October 21
- Webinar: Future Schedule Technology Efficiency Series – New Webinar Every Month
- Yosemite National Park Grows Toward West In Largest Expansion Since 1949
- Creating Sustainable Cities by ‘Reimagining the Civic Commons’
- This Week in Civic Tech: California Launches First True Open Data Portal, KC Takes Another Step Toward Innovation
- Winners in Virginia’s Governor’s Workforce Innovation Challenge Announced
- Designing an Apartment Building for Bike Commuters
- How Philly’s First Pay-What-You-Can Café Is Taking Aim at Hunger
- Where Are Your City Limits?