Salary: $165,000 – $175,000 DOQ
Woodridge is a fiscally strong community with a $46 million total budget and 124 full time employees. The Village Administrator is appointed by the Mayor and Board of Trustees. The Administrator is responsible for the administration of the Village Board’s goals, policies and programs as well as the management of the Village’s services. Woodridge is a full service community providing police, public works, community development, and finance operations. Fire and emergency medical services are provided by three separate fire protection districts. There have been two Village Administrators since 1990. The Mayor and six Village Board members are elected at large on a non-partisan basis and conduct deliberations in a civil, transparent manner.
Candidates must have experience in:
- Successful administration of municipal operations in a suburban city/village with the desire to seek and implement entrepreneurial approaches when appropriate.
- Will have extremely well developed oral and written communication skills.
- Will exhibit a collaborative, welcoming approach with elected officials, residents, the business community, and employees.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in public policy, planning or related field.
- Minimum of seven to ten years of increasingly responsible management experience in municipal government.
- Master’s degree in public administration, business administration or related field is highly desired.
- Residency within a reasonable commuting distance is highly desired.
Apply online with resume, cover letter, and contact information for three professional references by April 10, 2017 to the attention of Heidi Voorhees, 630 Dundee Road, Suite 130, Northbrook, IL 60062. Tel: 847-380-3243.