Do you have a passion for making customers thrilled and delighted (not just satisfied)? Are you a people person and team leader? Are you self-motivated and organized, able to work independently and take initiative as part of a growing team? Do you see the big picture and are you also details oriented?
We are looking for a Director of Public Engagement to manage our Client Services team, and take responsibility for retaining our growing number of clients.
The Director is also part of our leadership team, headed by the CEO. The Director establishes annual budgets, manages a portfolio of clients, identifies opportunities to strengthen client relationships, and works as a leader – motivating and empowering staff and clients to implement online civic engagement solutions.
The Director works intensively within the Open Town Hall platform. Most importantly, the Director ensures a high-level of service. Customer service is key to us – we pride ourselves on thrilling and delighting (not just satisfying) our clients.
While training will be provided on using our platform, online civic engagement best practices, and internal processes, the ideal candidate for this position will possess the following skills and aptitudes:
- Excellent communicator including oral, written and presentation
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Research skills
- Problem solving
- Critical thinking
- Independent self-starter
- Knowledge of local government structures
- Familiar with civic engagement methods
- Basic html literacy
- Meet the company client retention goal
- Maintain a portfolio of client accounts
- Track Client Services performance metrics
- Create customized online civic engagement solutions
- Ensure online civic engagement best practices use
- Liaise with the company leadership team
- Empower, motivate, train and support team members
- Resource development for clients and staff
- Conduct quarterly audits of client accounts
- Obtain client feedback for company improvement
Competencies and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or applicable post secondary diploma
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a senior leadership role
- Minimum 2 years’ experience managing relationships
- Experience managing budgets and staff.
- Experience working in a professional environment
- Experience working in government, communications or digital tech preferred
About Peak Democracy
We are a lean growing team dedicated to facilitating conversations between governments and the public to inform government decision-making process. We are both a civic tech provider as well as a civic engagement consultancy.
Our team works closely, but remotely, requiring that all team members be good communicators, organized and self-motivated. While there is some flexibility in our schedules, we aim to serve clients during their traditional work hours in multiple time zones across the continent and in Australia.
We provide a work environment that encourages professional development and growth, offering opportunities to both learn from and contribute to the team.
Hours and Compensation
This position is full-time, with benefits for California residents. Compensation is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your letter should include information about why you are interested in the position, why you think you would make a good fit and how this role relates to your long-term goals.
Submissions will be accepted until the right person is found. While we welcome all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.