Are you wanting to grow as a human resource professional? We’re growing too! It’s an exciting time that requires careful planning and strategic decisions. If you want to be part of something bigger, come find your happy place in Happy Valley and we can grow together.
About the Position
The City of Happy Valley is seeking to hire a Human Resources Manager. This is a unique opportunity to join a positive, friendly, and service driven organization. As the fastest growing city in Oregon, the successful candidate will help shape the culture of our organization as we expand to meet local demands. A significant priority will be to establish strong relationships and provide exceptional customer service to employees throughout the organization on all human resource issues. The Human Resources Manager will have an opportunity to manage the recruitment, selection, and on-boarding process for new employees in a way that promotes and maintains our unique culture. In addition, this position has the opportunity to assist the organization in meeting the City Council Goal of encouraging employee development in a quality work environment.
For many years, the responsibilities for human resources, risk management, and city recording have all been fulfilled by our talented City Recorder and Director of Human Resources. This longtime employee is planning to retire in July. The City is looking to replace this position, while also dividing some of the job duties. As a smaller city just a few years ago, meeting the demands in each of those areas was possible by a single individual. However, with significant growth and continued pressure on more services, there is an opportunity to divide responsibilities and seek a full-time, dedicated Human Resources Manager.
About Happy Valley
Happy Valley is known for wonderful neighborhoods that have an abundance of parks, open spaces, and meandering trails. Our residents take great pride in the community and come together throughout the year at our annual Fun Run, summer concert series, 4th of July Festival, Harvest Fest, and many other community driven events. As the city grows, we’re building a city where family-friendly neighborhoods meet a world class economy. Happy Valley’s business community is rapidly emerging, creating vibrant centers throughout town.
Happy Valley is looking to the future. Once a small community in the early 2000s, there is a lot changing in the community and in our organization. Currently, the City is evaluating new services to provide to the community. We are well positioned and eager to take on more responsibilities to benefit and serve our residents.
Salary & Benefits
- Salary Range: $77,192 – $107,750 (candidates typically start at lower end of range).
- Retirement: Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (the City also offers employees the choice to participate in a deferred compensation plan through Nationwide Retirement System, Oregon Savings Growth Plan, or Valic).
- Health Insurance: Coverage for employee and dependents through either Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield or Kaiser Permanente. A full-time employee is required to contribute 5% of the cost of the coverage selected.
- Long Term Disability.
- Life Insurance coverage in the amount of $15,000 paid for by the City (higher limits are available at employee’s expense).
- Gym membership at Premier Sport & Fitness.
- Vacation time will accrue at a rate equivalent to 80 hours at the end of your first year.
- Sick time will accrue at the rate of one day per month.
How to Apply
Please submit a completed City of Happy Valley Employment Application along with a cover letter and resume to be considered for this position. This posting will remain open until April 23rd, 2017. The first round of interviews is expected to be between May 8th – 12th, with a start date in the middle of June 2017.