Chief Executive Officer
American Water Works Association
David LaFrance serves as the Chief Executive Officer of the American Water Works Association he joins the podcast to talk about his work with the professional association, the challenges to Water service, Flint and more. David served as Director of Finance for Denver Water for the past 12 years and is a respected industry leader in the areas of utility economics and water rates. Prior to being named Director of Finance in 1998, he served as Denver Water’s Manager
- 10% of life is what happens to you; 90% of life is what you choose to do.
- Advice for the new GFOA and ICMA Executive Directors.
- How children impacted David’s career.
- The importance of affordability, communications, and water chemistry in wake of the Flint water crisis.
- Growing globally: AWWA’s presence in India
- Attracting and retaining employees… how water agencies are preparing for a wave of retirements.
- A day without water
- Learning from our mistakes: David’s biggest mistake and what he learned from it.