In today’s Buzz: Maseratis. I got to take a drive in one last week and it was the most amazing driving experience of my life.
What I’m Watching – The Leftovers Season 3
What I’m Reading – The House of the Dead: Siberian Exile Under the Tsars
What I’m Doing – Hanging my award plaque from MCMA!
- 35 of 37 economists said Trump was wrong. The other two misread the question.: President Trump’s administration says his tax cut will pay for itself. It turns out it’s really hard to find an economist who agrees.
Merriam-Webster Just Reminded Donald Trump About the Difference Between ‘Counsel’ and ‘Council’: The Merriam-Webster dictionary Twitter account is a source of helpful insights, and, at times, snarky advice for those like Ivanka Trump, who might need a refresher on the words they use.
- Trump Tries to Blame Obama for the Flynn Scandal: Ahead of a major hearing Monday about Russian interference in U.S. politics, President Trump is trying to shift blame away from himself—but he’s likely to find that challenging.
- May 2017: Birthday and Books
- Job Posting: Director of HR/Communications, North Bend School District, Oregon
- #ELGL17:: What’s Going On with Kate Green, City of Peoria, IL
- #ELGL17: What’s Going On with Roy Atkinson, City of Altoona, WI
- Weekly Update: COWS, MIPS, #ELGL17, Band the Table, Cary
- #ELGL17 – May 11, 2017 – May 12, 2017
- Technology Efficiency Series: GIS Consortium Services – June 14, 2017 – 10:00am – 11:00am
Is A Stradivarius Violin Easier To Hear? Science Says Nope: Old Italian violins like those made by Stradivari are famous for their ability to project their sound. But a study found people in a blind test thought new violins projected better than old ones.
Coach Announces It Is Buying Kate Spade In $2.4 Billion Deal: The news confirms months of rumors that the two New York-based brands were in talks to join forces, as Coach tries to attract millennial customers. Both boards unanimously approved the deal.
- Beware The Twist! Bill Clinton Plans To Pen A Thriller With James Patterson: The former president and fiction titan foisted a surprise on readers Monday, announcing they’ll be releasing a novel named The President Is Missing in June 2018.
- Public Restrooms Become Ground Zero In The Opioid Epidemic: People often turn to public restrooms as a place to get high on opioids. It has led some establishments to close their facilities, while others are training employees to help people who overdose.
50,000 Evacuated In Germany To Defuse World War II Bombs: Residents of Hanover left their homes while bomb disposal experts checked five sites for unexploded bombs reported weeks ago.
Daly lost 67 pounds with ‘whisky and popcorn’ diet: Not the *healthiest* diet in the world.
‘I’ll run this place’: Aaron Hernandez’s prison life reportedly included the Bloods: Aaron Hernandez, the former New England Patriots star who was found dead in his prison cell last month, belonged to the Bloods street gang and had been disciplined for having gang paraphernalia and other incidents, documents related to the investigation into his suicide show.
As water/sewer bills skyrocket, Kansas City searches for solutions: When Ronda O’Hara and her family moved from Lee’s Summit to Kansas City late last year, they loved their new home near Bannister Road.
Local Government Confidential
- Missouri budget deal may be unraveling: A plan to sweep special state funds in order to avert cuts to the elderly and disabled is being questioned by a top House budget expert.
- Questions arise around aldermanic candidate to replace Lyda Krewson: Elise Hoffman apparently voted from St. Louis County in March 2016
- County port authority sues to acquire Jamestown Mall: Condemnation petition filed against 17 entities that own or have an easement at former 1.2 million-square-foot mall