Salary: $5,033.00 – $6,709.00 Monthly
Closing: 5/22/2017 4:30 PM Pacific
Under general supervision by the Operations Manager, the purpose of the Portland Bureau of Emergency Management’s (PBEM) Exercise and Training Program is to ensure Emergency Coordination Center (ECC) readiness by developing and maintaining protocols and aligned software applications for working in the ECC; training ECC responders and City staff, developing, conducting and evaluating exercises designed to test and enhance the City’s capabilities. The Exercise and Training Specialist position must work closely and successfully with City bureaus, regional emergency management partners, private sector, and volunteer organizations during the planning, training and exercise processes.
The following minimum qualifications are required for this position:
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing to City staff, emergency management partners, volunteer City ECC responders and elected officials.
- Knowledge of the basic principles and practices of program and project management.
- Ability to analyze emergency management processes, available software tools, after action reports and improvement items; evaluate alternatives and reach sound, logical, fact-based conclusions and recommendations.
- Ability to collect, evaluate and interpret appropriate and applicable data, either in statistical or narrative form.
- Ability to prepare clear, concise and comprehensive administrative manuals, after action reports, and procedures in an appropriate and engaging manner for a broad, non-technical audience.
- Understand, interpret and respond to internal customer needs and expectations.
The Recruitment Process
An evaluation of each applicant’s training and experience, as demonstrated in their resume and cover letter, weighted 100%. Do not attach materials not requested. Only candidates who meet the minimum qualifications will be placed on the equally ranked eligible list. You have 14 days from the notice of the examination results to let us know if you disagree with your results. Please read the City of Portland Administrative Rule 3.01 for complete information. Additional evaluation may be required prior to establishment of the eligible list and/or final selection.