In today’s Buzz: Warriors doing their thing, surprise bedbugs, and Fort Collins offering classes not tickets.
This buzz is brought to you by sleepy fur balls!
What I’m playing with – Bubbles!
What I’m Watching – Master of None: Season 2!
What I’m Eating – My neighbor’s avocados
- After London Attack, Prime Minister Says, ‘Enough Is Enough’: Prime Minister Theresa May vowed on Sunday to conduct a sweeping review of Britain’s counterterrorism strategy.
- Facebook wants to be ‘hostile’ to terrorists: Facebook says it wants to make its platform “hostile” to terrorists after an attack in London left at least seven people dead this weekend.
- Gizmodo is live blogging Apple’s WWDC 2017 event: It’s WWDC time and that means Apple’s ready to show off some shiny new software. Please buy me a Siri speaker.
- Warriors Win! Basketball! Stephen Curry Beating LeBron James, In Extreme Slow Motion
- Playing “Moneyball” With Your City: An Appeal to City Managers (and Other Strong Citizens)
- Weekly Update: Vids, VCs, & Elections
- Creative Use of Video for the Franklin, TN State of the City
- Event: Phoenix Supper Club – Friday, July 7
- 06/03/17: Laugh, Cry, Think
- Webinar: Technology Efficiency Series: GIS Consortium Services – June 14 @ 10:00 a.m.
- Santa Ana mosque members break Ramadan fast with tacos: Breaking Ramadan fast Saturday night with some sweet grub! #diversity
- Church of Scientology Accuses Florida City of Discrimination Over Land Battle: The Church of Scientology offered $15 million to buy a vacant piece of land in the city’s (Clearwater) downtown from the Clearwater Marine Aquarium. The city of Clearwater offered $4.25 million. But somehow, the city in April still won the bidding war — and now the church is claiming bias played a role.
- A tiny Texas border city is leading the charge against the state’s immigration crackdown: El Cenizo is leading the charge to block a tough new Texas immigration law that requires police to hold criminal suspects for possible deportation, before the measure takes effect Sept. 1.
- San Jose law would limit city cooperation with ICE on immigration: A councilman’s proposed law that would limit city cooperation with federal immigration authorities is giving pause even to San Jose’s liberal leaders, who openly welcome immigrants and denounce the Trump administration’s illegal immigration crackdown.
- Disgruntled man releases bedbugs in Maine city office: The city manager in Augusta, Maine, says the municipal office building had to be sprayed for bedbugs after a man threw a cup of the pests onto an office counter and about 100 of them scattered off.
Local Government Confidential
- Fort Collins eyes life-skills classes for chronic violators: Fort Collins officials are still talking about using a combination of consequences and compassion for dealing with people who chronically violate the city’s rules of behavior.
- Florida city ‘rats’ on self to evict homeless from park: The City of Fort Lauderdale called state health inspectors on itself to report rats in a downtown park so it could evict homeless people living there.
- Arkansas city faces $391,000 shortfall after tax mistake: Officials in a northwest Arkansas city say failure to properly authorize collection of property taxes leaves the city facing a $391,000 budget shortfall and possibly eliminating its police department.