We’re launching a new blog series to learn about the topics and trends in work of local government clerks and recorders. Encourage your coworkers and friends to sign up to participate in this series!
More about this series:
The role of a clerk/recorder is at the epicenter of all local government activity. From council agendas, to contracting, to being the “one in the know,” these important positions are critically important to the success of a local government organization.
ELGL wants to explore the topics, trends, and opportunities in a clerk/recorder’s job. This blog series will occur weekly on ELGL.org and ELGL’s social media channels.
We’re looking for guest bloggers to write about topics that will inform ELGL about the role of a clerk/recorder. Here are some sample topics to get you thinking about potential blogs:
- Embracing Digital Technologies
- Challenges of the Clerks Desk
- The Clerk is Not a Secretary Anymore
- City Clerk to City Management
- Leading from the Clerk’s Office
- A Day in the Life of a Clerk
- Innovations in Records Management
When you sign up to blog, you will need to email your blog to Lindsay Lara, city of San Rafael, CA by the due date. The SignUpGenius system will send you a reminder in advance of your due date.
Why blog for ELGL? There are several reasons:
- You’ll be contributing to the general understanding of your important local government role.
- Your finished blog is a writing sample you can add to your professional portfolio and LinkedIn profile.
- Sharing your knowledge about your local government role is a great way to recruit new professionals to the clerk/recorder position.
Thank you for contributing to this series on the important role of clerks and recorders in local governments!