In today’s Buzz: More on the Trump/Russia/Election stuff, a horrific plane crash in Mississippi, and Portland narrows it’s search for police chief. Today’s buzz is brought by healthy eating. Because after a weekend of indulging with the ELGL crew and my parents I need a cleanse!
What I’m Listening to – The Circle Of Life (my next karaoke challenge)
What I’m Doing – Unpacking from a fun weekend in AZ!
What I’m Watching – Moana, for the 3rd time… I love it!
What I Want to Know – What’s your go-to karaoke jam?
- Trump Jr. Was Told in Email of Russian Effort to Aid Campaign: More Trump/Russia/Election news. I can’t keep this stuff straight.
- Military Plane Crash In Mississippi Leaves At Least 16 Dead: A U.S. military plane crashed into a field in rural Mississippi on Monday, killing at least 16 people aboard and spreading debris for miles, officials said.
- ACLU Files Suit Against White House Election Fraud Commission: The American Civil Liberties Union is suing President Trump’s vote fraud commission, charging that the body isn’t following federal law requiring it to be open to the public.
- I’m Freezing! Perspectives From the ELGL Board Retreat
- I’m Melting! Perspectives From the ELGL Board Retreat
- Step 1 to Ending Chronic Homelessness
- Podcast: The Role of Housing Authorities with Melissa Maddox-Evans, Charleston, SC
- Public Sector Compliance Policies
- Supper Club: Portland, OR – July 12 @ 7:00 p.m.
- Webinar: Technology Efficiency Series: Rock Your LinkedIn Profile – July 18, 2017 – 9:00 a.m.
- Supper Club: Chicago, IL -July 20 @ 6:30 p.m.
- Supper Club: Durham, NC – July 20 @ 5:00 p.m.
- Conference: ELGLPopUps – September 22
- Conference: The National Recreation and Park Association’s Annual Conference – September 26-28
Despacito Singer Daddy Yankee Becomes First Latino Artist to Reach No. 1 on Spotify: Suave Suavecito! Daddy Yankee’s rise to the top marks a milestone for the Latino music industry.
Government Ethics Director Resigns Via This Perfectly Worded Letter: Pointing out that public service is is a public trust Walter M. Shaub resigned his position as Government Ethics Director.
Officials Gamble With The Public’s Money, And Sometimes Lose Big: Financial shenanigans in the San Diego Association of Governments, a regional planning and transportation agency.
Spectrum Health’s New Primary Care Office Has A Posh Residential Feel: In West Michigan, an experiment to make primary care a whole lot less clinical.
Minnesota Rep. Omar To Appear On ‘The Daily Show With Trevor Noah’: State Rep. Ilhan Omar, the nation’s first Somali-American legislator, is scheduled to appear on Trevor Noah’s national television show on Comedy Central this week.
Chief Mike Marshman Among Six Remaining Candidates For City’s Top Cop Job: Portland’s national search started with 33 candidates, fell to 11 after a review of resumes and written applications and now stands at six after Skype interviews.
Local Government Confidential
- Oregon DMV Buys FAST Software To Replace Systems Older Than Mark Zuckerberg: Would have been nice to have this last week when I got my new driver’s license!
- Three Steps To Implementing Smart Analytics In Your City: It’s easy as 1-2-3! Get smarter about using data.